You can file these under "more crap you never knew you didn't care about"
1) Mike wrote a lullaby while we were dating in which he turned his parents' nightly blessing into a little song. This was in my mind one of several signs from God that we were meant to be together, because at some point I said that I wanted the man I married to write our kids a lullaby (I do not need to be reminded of how absurd that is.) I really love it and always sing it to the girls when they're babies.
2) Even though I love his, I've been brainstorming about another one to sing to Lucy and it came to me: Baby Mine from Dumbo! It is such a sweet little song and never mind that in the movie his mother is rocking him from her prison wagon and not allowed to get out to see him and it's pretty much one of the most depressing scenes in a movie ever. Never mind that. I love it.
On to more important things.
3) Mike found the girls a perfect little "school table" at the Notre Dame surplus store for $10 yesterday (!) Which is a store with exactly what it sounds like-- the surplus items that the university gets rid of after they buy new stuff- it is fantastic because the stuff they get rid of is also pretty much "new". After I saw Heather's school table, I went a'searching at thrift stores and on craigslist for one similar but for preschool and was not finding anything. Then Mike saved the day as always with this puppy, which is not actually being put to use the way I wanted it to be:
Oh, sorry, did I say important? I meant to say UNimportant.
Here are some more...
4) I am leaving tomorrow for the glorious town of Steubenville, Ohio for my little sister Christina's wedding shower. Me and Lucy will be driving with said sister and her fiance so that Mike has a car to get around with the girls in. I am a wee bit nervous since on our less than 2 hour trip to Kalamazoo, Lucy screamed the most blood curdling awful scream for what felt like hours, but the trip was less than 2 hours so I think it was actually only 20 minutes. What the heck is it with babies in car seats? I'm bringing the old breast pump (or cow milker, as I described it to Naomi, which is still better than breast pump- ew) and hoping that constantly shoving the bottle in her mouth will work to keep the 6 hour drive from being too hellish. We shall see...
Lucy is already up from her first nap and it is only 9 a.m. Need more coffee... I must go on...
5) Speaking of Lucy, she is still really sweet, but she just hit that phase where she wants to be held all the time, but only by ME. If I quickly set her in a room and run away she will sometimes stay content for a bit, until she sees me, then she starts expressing her disapproval of being anywhere but at my hip.
What's that you say? You'd like these to be even more pointless?
6) How about this weather!? South Bend is the most confused city there ever was. Seriously. It is May 24th and the heat kept coming on last night, and our heaters are really loud, which kept me from falling back asleep after nursing Lucy at 4:30 this morning, which is my excuse for how pointless, poorly written and stupid these quick takes are...
|IS IT WINTER OR SPRING? MAKE UP YOU MIND!!!!!!|
7) And now I will spare you all anymore eyes-burning-from-boredom quick takes and end it.