Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Super Skinny Mocha



Hahaha,
I don't know why I think that is a funny name for a coffee drink. I mean I think if I wanted to be "Super" skinny, I would not be spending a chunk of nap time making/drink/typing out recipe for my new delicious coffee drink, I would be grunting and sweating nap time away to the tune of Jillian Michaels.

Anyways, here is a little recipe I threw together for a low calorie, low/no sugar, high caffeine skinny mocha:

Ingredients:
1) non-fat milk- about 6 oz, or more or less based on how big your coffee mug is
2) coffee- ideally espresso made in an espresso machine, but if your more ghetto like me just use regular coffee and make it double strength.
3) splenda- if you are of the more granola-ish brand you may choose to use natural sugar or even sugar in the raw, but I always prioritize weight management to actual health, whatev.
4) cocoa powder 1-2 teaspoons
4) a dash of cinnamon

If you have a milk steamer, steam your milk, or if you don't (I don't) just microwave it for about 1 1/2 minutes

If you're using an espresso machine, make your 1-2 shots of espresso based on the size coffee drink. I used my French press and put 4 scoops of coffee in it but only added about 1/2 cups worth of boiling water. Let it steep for 3 minutes (this is the appropriate time, I know this from my Barista training).
If you only have a coffee pot, just make about 1/2 of coffee but put at least 3 scoops of coffee in, if you're anxious as to whether there will be enough caffeine add as much as you need to ease that anxiety- this is my method.

Once your milk is hot, add cinnamon, splenda (of whatever sugar type you'll be using), and cocoa powder- stir vigorously :)
Add coffee, stir again and enjoy. Repeat.



Happy nap time!
Ana

2 comments :

  1. oh this looks awesome. definitely going to try next tomorrow during nap time.

    and I'm with you on the weight management vs actual health.

    ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a little vanilla.... (I had put in too much sweetner - will know better next time!!)

    ReplyDelete