Friday, January 20, 2012

Morning regretfuls

Dear Friday,
I really thought you were supposed to be better. At some point in my life I looked so forward to you during the week and it did not matter how you actually went, you lead to the weekend and that was enough.
Not anymore.
Picture completely irrelevant- but from a time in my life when Fridays went much better because I was probably a better person. YES, I am pretending to be a nun outside of the Vatican.

Things I wish I could take back/change about this morning:

1) The hour of waking- you would think that I would get used to being awakened during the 6 a.m. hour after having that be the norm  for almost 3 years now, but I have not. I still dream of sleeping later every. single. morning.

2) The poop, oh the poop. First round at 6:30- changed diaper, laid child back down and told her to sleep until her cow woke up. Before the cow woke, I heard her going "Yuck, yuck!" and I knew it would be bad. I walked in to find foot shaped poop marks all over her floor. I really thought that potty training was supposed to put an end to this, but potty training has disappointed me in every other way possible, so I am not surprised I guess.

3) The urine soaked sleeper I left on the KITCHEN counter for like, 10 minutes. Gross

4) My bad, bitter attitude towards Naomi for pooping all over the floor like a poorly trained animal instead of in the toilet like a civilized person.

5) My bad, bitter attitude toward my dear husband for sleeping later than me, even though he was up for hours after me working hard.

6) My current state of sulking (still quite bitterly) over how stinking tired I am.

7) The fact that every time I have sat down to do my version of "praying" I am screamed at by a small person demanding something from me like "juice!" "pancakes!" "smoothie!", which is my excuse for being such a bitter, bad person this morning.

We'll try again tomorrow, or now, that would probably be better.






2 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh can I relate to this post! Every.single.morning....my first waking thought is noooooo....and I've been at this mamma thing for 5 years!
    And potty training...let's just say I have a 3 year old who is still not potty trained. It's become a battle of wills (as in, "No mamma, I just don't want to.") and this sleep deprived Mamma just can't handle the fights. Maybe in the spring. :) Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solidarity always. Julia now saturates her socks with her waste. I'll never get used to it.

    ReplyDelete