Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tips for battle

I took the girls to get "professional" pictures taken yesterday for the second time since Bernadette was born. I hate doing this, or at least I hated it when I did it last time and said I would never do it again or something to that effect. Of course I came to my senses at some point and realized that it must be done, if only to appease the Grandparents. So this time I went prepared and here are some tips I came up with. Chances are these are all obvious to you so this is more for my own pathetic memory lest I forget my own life lessons. 

1) Pick a good age: this was the #1 issue the first time. B was 5 months and Naomi was almost 2 (for some reason we want to have a baby picture taken at 5 months of all our children so that one day we can have a "Baby picture wall" or something- the age is totally random). What I should have done is only taken Bernadette and gotten her standard picture taken because taking a child on the verge of the worst age I have encoutered yet (not that I have encountered many ages). In the end I think I will just never take a 2 year old again.

2)Bring many a treat. No really, load up your purse. If you are a good parent and do not keep things like bulk packages of fruit snacks and super sugary juice boxes around, go buy some and bring them. This was indispensable.

3) Pick a good time of day. No brainer.

4) Be ready to work. Regardless of how good your photographer is, they cannot make your children behave

5) Be prepared for meltdowns. No matter how prepared you are, it is probably going to happen.

I am sure there are more, but I am typing this the day after and have already forgotten some of how yesterday even went. Here are some highlights from the sesh.











We're thinking of changing Naomi's name to Naomi "the ham" Hahn.

1 comment :

  1. I love these! Haha, I am taking note of these for my future sessions one day! I was thinking "look at Naomi go!" hahaha, she was totally modeling for those! B looks adorable in them and I love their matching outfits =D!

    ReplyDelete