Friday, March 8, 2013

a take a day

Because efficiency is my middle name.

1: (Friday) Mike and I are slowly making our way through the 3 Godfather movies, and I'm not going to lie, they make me want to eat spaghetti I really love them.

I wish the theme songs from the movies played as background music throughout all my days. Also, I wish I could go back 40 years to the time when Al Pacino and Robert De Niro were still so young and strapping. I feel like I've passed some sort of life test now after watching them. We're currently on the 3rd hour of the second movie- yes they are soooo long, but if you think of it like you're eating a huge plate of the best spaghetti you've ever eaten, it's not a bad thing at all.

2: (Saturday) After reading Kelly's preschool post the other day, I was determined to make a trip to the library for some books, particularly something that could pass as a "history lesson".
End result: We came home with the Spanish version of "Horton Hears a Who"(on accident, we're not bilingual) and a Strawberry Shortcake magazine.
Ok, there were a few "historical" finds, but the only decent one was the story about how the "Teddy Bear" was named for president Theodore Roosevelt. Even Lucy felt patronized.

3: (Sunday) Last year one of my closest friends in the Bend moved far away from us and today she is in town visiting!! I am cookin a roast, makin these cookies and bustin out the Barefoot Riesling, because I am a classy broad. It's going to be great.
dress-up with my good friend's 2 little girls- BFFs for realz

4: (Monday) I bought a whole chicken last week for $5.50, and tonight I got our third meal out of it.
I would share the recipes, but I don't actually think that they're shareable.
The important thing is not that they are good meals, it's that they were dirt cheap, amIright?

5: (Tuesday) I'm genuinely sad to see the Cabin Fever link-up come to an end, I thought about extending it again, but I don't want to pull an NBC sitcom and beat it to death. So instead I sewed something while my hand was eaten by a baby in it's memory.

6: (Wednesday) Few things lift my spirits more than the promise of a ladies night with Beergaritas, chips, dip and friends. If you've never had a Beergarita, here's how you concoct it:
  • 1 can concentrated limeaid: pour into a pitcher
  • Fill the empty limeaid can with tequila (any kind) and dump it in 
  • Fill the empty limeaid can with water and add it to the mix (I use a can of seltzer water for more carbonation)
  • Add a beer to the pitcher, mix vigorously and serve over ice

7: (Thursday) Both older girls came down with some weird illness this week which manifests itself in fevers, hacking coughs, acting drunk, shouting demands for a cup of tea from the other end of the house, drinking 1000 cups of tea a day, and lots of crying and yelling.

In other words, it's not that different from every day life other than the fevers and coughs.

They have single-or double-handedly polished off almost every bit of tea in the house. In 3 days. And I am working through the generic diet cokes.

Yes, I started writing these a week ago.
And, yes, I wrote one a day.
So, yes, I am a loser.

Head over to Jen and the cooler ones for more!



11 comments :

  1. I love this!!! Great variation on the 7 QT. Lots of points for originality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol sometimes I feel that way about the whole chickens, too. The first meal is always good, the second and third are a bit so-so... but they are practically free, so how can you not!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beergaritas, yum!! That little girl in the snow white costume has the best cheeks! I made chicken soup this week from a whole chicken after we ate it (mostly) and I was feeling incredibly proud. What did you make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute concept!
    Hope everyone is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahaha, the Office is so sad, it's so true. Thanks for not beating your sweet link-up idea to death!

    ReplyDelete


  6. I am overwhelmed by linkies! One a day. Yeessss.

    Such cute costumes!

    The Office: We stopped watching when Michael left, but then we caught an episode. I do not recognize you, Office 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a HANDSOME couple right there! You guys are so cute.
    hmmm you are kind of making me want to watch the Godfather movies. I have always refused after hearing about the horse head in the bed. That kind of crap gives me nightmares and makes me afraid to get up and go to the bathroom at night.
    kudos on the sewing! the skirt is great!
    beergaritas...yum. I wanna make those now.
    oh and "because I am a classy broad" LOL!!! you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've watched the Godfather(s) several times...classsic!
    Love those little dress up playdates, oh how I miss those days and those clacky shoes, too.....never thought I'd admit that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beergaritas sound delicious, and I always get a little sheepish when people start talking about The Godfather, because I haven't seen it yet. It's like you're not really an adult until you have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, if you like Barefoot Riesling then you MUST try a sauvignon blanc from the Marlborough region of New Zealand (there are a bunch of brands, none of which I can think of right now). Sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why you posting 'bout the alcohol when I can't par