Sunday, April 28, 2013

What I Wore to Leave Early Sunday


I wrote a rather lengthy post earlier today about how hard it is to take kids to Mass, about how my kids are crazy, about how every Sunday I feel like I need a drink or 8 upon leaving Mass and how frustrated I feel that it just isn't getting any easier the more kids we have (go figure!).

Then I did away with it because I was annoying myself and because I feel pretty confident that no one with a 4 and 2 year-old and a baby (or any kids at all for that matter) has a day at the park at Sunday Mass. So I should just shut up, have a drink and thank the Lord my kids are healthy enough to shout "I DO NOT LIKE THE THINGS WE DO AT MASS" in the middle of the consecration.
Because they (or Naomi) did.

And then we did a post-communion bolt because I was honestly more fed up than ever and felt more embarrassed than ever about bringing all three kids and myself and Mike back to our seat pretty close to the front because by that point in the Mass we were all in the narthex.

I did not figure Lucy's new vocal skills into the whole thing and she was "BABABAing" more loudly than ever as a special show for all the new spectators.

Then she slept for a whopping 20 minutes post-Mass and joined me for some outfit pics.


Because sleeping is for chumps and I am tons of fun.

So there you have it: a gap cardigan with a Gabes necklace, mismatched Target flats and TJ Max white tee to leave Mass early.

Now I think I have some children to go feed.

 Go visit the other FLAPtasitc ladies for more.

15 comments :

  1. I think you look perfectly mismatched to the point that it works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I think your outfit is cute! And your little ones are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, my whole post WAS "my kids are the worst Mass always goes poorly why can nobody behave???" and I had some sangria at 11:30, but there's all that fruit in it so that makes it okay, right? Seriously, come to DC and we can drown our sorrows in mimosas on Sundays while the kids eat sand and play dough...

    At least you looked cute? It's GOT to get better someday because you never see parents taking their 13-year-olds to the lobby to quiet down, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your outfit and i laughed aloud at "I DO NOT LIKE THE THINGS WE DO AT MASS" hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post! I have to say knowing that other kids say the same thing as mine during Mass makes me feel better! Thank you for that! :) My all time fav is when my son stopped screaming and just said bye to everyone as we walked back to the cryroom :)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I love the coral with the turquoise. Your girls are precious. My littlest was quite a pill in mass today too; he ran out the back of the sanctuary before Daddy could get to him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you like to drink after mass. I totally feel you and do the same thing!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coral and turquoise. Very good combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color combo. And what is with children and the consecration?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect color combo-not mismatched at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute outfit and even cuter kids! I love it! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog, I too am a mom of 3 and just wanted to say thanks for the laughs!! I can relate to so much of what you say. Love your comment about the baby only taking a 20 minute nap after mass because sleeping "is for chumps and I am so much fun!" I really do think my daughter must think the same thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ellee says to tell Lucy that she's jelly of her luxurious locks. And you look super cute! Love the flats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so so so good to hear I'm not the only. My kids' behavior seriously makes me want to commit a multitude of sins. And sadly, the thing I think about after Mass, is "Thank you Lord! We made it through another Mass." Sigh. One day it will be easier. Or so I'm told.

    ReplyDelete