So many things could have been done differently this morning to make Mass go more smoothly. For starters:
- we could have not brought any children at all,
- we could have decided against siting in the 2nd row of a totally packed church for a full length Mass,
- right in front of a family with 7 perfectly behaved children,
- who were singing all the words to all the hymns,
- and participating like normal human beings,
- we could have left the kids at home.
I don't usually do the grading system for the minions, but this morning warrants it at the very least for documentation, that way if Naomi ever tries to claim that she was actually well behaved at that one Mass in late April in 2013 I can direct her here:
Defiance was at an all-time high mingled with demands for anyone 30 or more pounds to be held by ONLY MOMMY and the loudest talking in the middle of the quietest parts of the Mass with a side of tantrums.
I've been fighting rewarding myself with a post-Mass drink so that I might be sober enough to go for a nap-time run to help take care of the new and improved junk food pooch that was acquired during the family visit this weekend.
With all that said, here's what I wore:
Lest you be fooled: it was actually freezing and I am sucking it in.
Skirt and Cardi: Target
Shirt: J Crew from The Bay
And here is a WIWS picture of Bernadette taking a WIWS picture of Naomi and Lucy.
Head over to the Fine Linen Ladies for more!