1) While we were at his parents' house, Mike discovered his old pair of Easton sunglasses. He was really oddly excited about them and decided to pack them up and bring them home. He jokingly wore them a little in the car on our drive home, but yesterday... yesterday. I looked outside while he was cutting the grass and yep, he was wearing them. What's the big deal? Well, this is what they look like:
And by the time I took the picture, he had already cut the entire FRONT yard. The yard that tons of cars drive past all day. He's the coolest of them all.
2) I executed Operation Cradle Cap Removal for Lucy last night during her bath. I know, there is quite possibly nothing lamer in the world than someone blogging about their kid's cradle cap, but then I never claimed to be anything but lame. She has the very worst cradle cap under that luscious head of hair that I have ever seen, it was no fun to try to remove. I probably only got 15% of it off at the most, but the hair results were well worth the work.
3) Naomi has been really into using my stencils lately, ever since the other day when I made a card for a friend having a baby with a stencil and she hasn't stopped using it since. She just keeps making me "baby cards" and putting them on my desk, I think she is trying to send some sort of message.
4) After our blueberry outing yesterday I felt the need to bake something with the berries. I found this sour cream muffin recipe and I am not exaggerating when I say that these are the very best muffins I have ever tasted (despite the face she is making, Naomi loved them).
5) Today was supposed to be the beginning of potty training for Bernadette, but since Mike is the one who does the big several hour "potty immersion", not literally immersing her in the potty, but immersion in the usage of the potty, he is going to wait until tomorrow. Which means one more day for me to stare at the twizzlers that I cannot eat. Worst.
6) At 9 months old, Lucy is finally getting with it, bringing up the rear of almost every baby we know who was born after her and is starting to look like she might crawl one day.
She could have waited another 9 months and I would not have complained even a little.
7) Many many congratulations to Bonnie and her family on their sweet new addition!! Can we all just talk for minute about what a rock star Bonnie is for pushing 11 pounds of adorable baby out? A-freakin-mazing.
Head over to Jen's for more quick goodness!