Linking up with the loveliest Jen.
1) I sometimes have a hard time adjusting back to real life after trips away from home. It's not like vacation is actually relaxing or anything, it's arguably way more stressful, but it's just the uprooting and then re-planting... or something like that. We were only gone for a little over 4 days and I feel like a freight train hit me, then backed up over me, then ran over me a couple more times for good measure. Therefore instead of a visit from Jillian, I am opting to e-complain (e-plain?) and over share from our vacation to all you innocent, unsuspecting folks reading this.
2) Pretty much every night during our mini beach vacation I vowed that I would never again take toddlers or babies on a vacation, and that I would perhaps be leaving the very next morning due to their night time antics. Then I would get half way through the next day, look out the window and see this:
And make myself a promise to always travel with my kids.
3) It really was great. We had a fabulous time with family in spite of the weather feeling like the dead of fall at times, and our house being as close to camping as you'll ever find me, which was pretty much all my fault since I pushed for the house- I blame the inaccurate reviews and misleading pictures. Even so, we beached it up, sweaters and all, and made the best of the creakiest beds and thinnest walls in all the land of Michigan.
4) Mike and I had one of the funnest date nights of our couplehood, complete with my first martini ever, and non-Spanish tapas. It was so lovely. Here are some comparison pictures from our date weekend trip to Lake Michigan last year and this past week.
5) We were riiiight on the water, so every single evening we watched the sunset on the lake- capital G Glorious.
Have a splendid weekend!