Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday Favorites


Linking up with Hallie for some favs this Wednesday, because my blog chi is off and otherwise you would not be hearing from me- horror of horrors, I know.

1: My very first waffle iron
^^Not my picture of not my iron but the same exact one, only way cleaner.

I love this thing. Mike found it at a church rummage sale recently and I have used it soooo many mornings already. I have a sneaking suspicion that the reason someone decided to give it away to be sold is that it heats up to approximately the temperature of the 7th circle of hell and will most definitely burn your hand off if you ever touch it, but I make sure to keep all children out of reach while using it and to unplug it as soon as I'm done using it (except for the other day when I didn't, but I'm giving myself one freebie, and all hands are in tact).

2: Other than a classic waffle recipe that I found on all recipes, my favorite which I am thinking will be frequently using during the upcoming fall months is this pumpkin waffle recipe from Smitten Kitchen.
^^ Also not my waffles, but they looked that good. Promise.

Because I love me some pumpkin baking and waffles are the best.

3: Our Roku

Some good friends of ours gave this to us a few months ago (thank you Brian and Courtney!!) and we have just recently been using it like crazy. It hooks right up to your television and you can watch all your interweb things (like Netflix, shows on Amazon and Crackle etc...) on the TV- certainly preferable to watching all things on Mike's ipad.

4: Property Brothers

Around the same time that we got our trusty Roku set up, we went ahead and upgraded our cable package because we got some crazy deal where we're actually getting cheaper Internet and with a rebate card are spending next to nothing on channels blah blah blah I know you don't care so I will stop explaining. With the upgrade came one of my most not-guilty pleasures ever and that is watching HGTV, and most specifically these days the show Property Brothers. Twin brothers, one is a realtor, one is a contractor, helping people buy houses and renovate them- awesome sauce.

5: My New Weights

For the last 4 years I have been using a set of plastic weights which are filled with some weird black substance that makes them heavy. About 2 years ago the weights got holes in them and the black substance started to leak out all over the house every time I worked out. They are supposed to be 5lb weights but yesterday I picked up some 6 pounders and I am pretty darn sure that I have been using one 3 lb and one 3 1/2 lb weight for at least a year from all the inside stuff falling out. This would explain why I am never sore after workouts and why my arms felt like they were going to fall off after one usage of the 6 lb ones yesterday. Get ready for the gun show.

6 comments :

  1. Love pumpkin - anything. Pumpkin pancakes are the bomb! And we got Roku two years ago and don't even have cable anymore. We can get pretty much anything through the digital antenna or the Roku.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love pumpkin - anything. Pumpkin pancakes are the bomb! And we got Roku two years ago and don't even have cable anymore. We can get pretty much anything through the digital antenna or the Roku.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HGTV is my mommy crack.

    Gun show, ha. Bring it mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Property Brothers! I like them a lot too. Its a Canadian show, and I'm not sure if they have the first couple Canadian seasons on down there yet, but you'll be able to tell if its a Canadian episode because the real estate prices are completely ridiculous. Since they started doing American shows I always want to cry when they make some house that's $125,000 look amazeballs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of your waffle iron! It seems like the only kind they sell now is belgian waffle. Don'e get me wrong, I love a belgian waffle, but I've been stalking garage sales and Goodwill hunting down a classic thinner waffle maker. I'll live through your waffle success for now.

    Have you tried Trader Joe's pumpkin waffle mix? It comes out in the fall and it's a divine shortcut to pumpkin waffles and pancakes

    ReplyDelete