Ha! Here we are, 3 pregnancies later, and I am starting to get used to being 40 pounds over weight by August. I am on a mission to find what I can to help keep my large body as cool and comfortable as possible during these months. It goes without saying that these are favorites in my opinion, you need not agree or like, I take no offense. Without further rambling, and because you asked (you didn't, I know) here are my summer pregnancy picks, so far:
1) Old Navy's Linen shorts. These bad boys have been a fortuitous find so far for the hot, humid days where the last thing I want is anything at all touching my skin. They are airy and light and the best part (drum roll) no belly panel!! I am so over the full panel this pregnancy and I love how these just roll over the belly- so comf. They do not jive with any stringent modesty standards because in my opinion modest is not hottest, Ana pregnant in the summer is, and so we flex on modesty here.
2) Oh Baby Black French Terri shorts. More shorts. I know. I can't handle pants in humid weather, just can't. Last pregnancy saw me wearing a whole lotta Jorts, which I feel like maybe has resulted in some sort of PTSD with regards to the denim material above the knee. I love these too because, again, there is no panel and they just rest so comfortably below the belly, no super tight "demi panel", whatever that means.
3) Maxis to the max. I really heart the maxi while pregnant, there just isn't much else that feels so close to wearing pajamas without actually donning pjs or sweats during the day. That level of comfort + socially acceptable = can't live without it. I stick with Old Navy's, maternity or non-maternity, both work for me and are both equally comfortable and cute.
4) Bump Start Tees . I discovered these puppies a couple of weeks ago and went back quickly after my first purchase to buy more. They are delightful and they come in a 2 pack which for some reason really makes me feel like I am getting a great deal. I was really opposed to shirts with the side bunching business after Lucy's pregnancy because I felt like it just made me look even bigger but these have just the right amount to give your belly extra space without looking frumpy. Also, they are a really nice fabric that seems to keep the sweat to a minimum but isn't so thin that you need to layer it with a tank, because seriously, the thought of extra clothing layers makes me start to hyperventilate in 80 degree + weather with 75% humidity.
5) I feel so super awkward for posting about this, so I will say the name in a computer whisper: Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel . That was horrific. But seriously, this stuff is incredible. A wonderful friend whose done her fair share of dead summer pregnancies clued me in on its wonderfulness, because what are friends for if not for helping one another avoid chafing issues? Even if you only gain 20 pounds your entire pregnancy (hahaha, me? nevah!!) you are bound to have some areas rubbing against others that just aren't used to that kind of friction. That combined with heat and sweatiness and well, you really need to experience it yourself to know just how desperate you can get for this product. It is a life saver for me.
6)Conair Firm Hold Bobby Pins During my other 2 summer time pregnancies I made some unfortunate hair cutting decisions which were a result of the heat and the hair and the heat and the hair. I would just get desperate and chop it, but not this time. I am committed to continuing to grow the locks through the duration of this baby's gestation, which is why I am in love with these bobby pins which are a perfect pair with super thick hair, which I do happen to have. They hold it up and they hold it tight, they are great.
I've already talked up my favorite sun dress, so I will stop here. I will not be surprised if there are a handful more of these posts because I will not stop searching and I am always up for sharing. Please share with a desperate, hot mother, will you?