Tuesday, January 6, 2015

so much things, so many randomness (with questions for YOU!)

I am the worst ever for my lack of response to the overwhelmingly encouraging responses to my mention of dealing with some postpartum depression and anxiety and first and foremost I want to say: THANK YOU!! Each and every comment has lifted my spirits and made me feel so supported and, well,not alone- which is huge- so thank you all so much!

That italicized paragraph above is from a post that I started writing all about my experience with postpartum depression, which quickly turned into a straight up novella and had the adverse effect of making me really anxious and depressed while writing it, so I just stopped. One day I will legitimately get past it all and feel like I can write about it, but for now I would say I am still too much in the thick of it, even though it has gotten to the point of being totally manageable. I mean really I am doing so SO much better, but apparently it's still all too fresh for me to be writing about it, which is probably for the better for everybody.

I think I will just stick with the generally vain and shallow and mostly pointless blogging that I am all-too-good at.

Onward and vainward.

Starting with a VLOG idea. Shoot straight with me readers: should I do a completely vain VLOG about how I curl my really long, thick hair in less than 10 minutes most mornings? Would anybody on the face of the earth care about this?? I love VLOGs. I love getting to see and hear bloggers who I feel like are my friends even though we have never met because it makes me feel like less of a creeper for stalking their blogs and telling everyone that we actually are friends feel more connected to them. Also, I have watched countless hair DIY tutorials and perused pinterest for cute hair styles but have always just gotten very frustrated when I try them-- they just don't work on my hair because it is way too thick and heavy and long, this is what I'm working with:

All my top-knots buns either fall out or give me a head ache from how tightly I have to fasten them in order for them to stay up, it's a real problem (of the first world nature of course). Therefore I have had to resign myself to wearing my hair down and curling it if I want to steer clear of the all-day every-day pony tail, and I really do, mostly because pony tails also hurt my head after a while and because I feel more put together with my hair semi-styled. So should I do it? You can be honest, it will not hurt my feelings.

Now for a little showcasing of my new favorite accessory, since I'm being shallow at all. It's also a little plug for my sister who is a new merchandiser of Chloe and Isabel. She hosted her first jewelry party over the Christmas break and I got this adorable coral branch necklace and I am in love:

Their jewelry is all so adorable, check it out for yourself, and the best part is they have a lifetime replacement guarantee and any mother of small, grabby handed children knows how invaluable that is. Definitely head over and drool over some of their gorgeous pieces.

Lastly, what do you readers think of this blog doing another round of the Cabin Fever Creativity Link Up? I feel like it's a good idea since blogging is such a great way to stay connected with people when you can't leave the house- and I never leave the house anymore- and hosting and participating in link-ups is a great way to keep the blog-ball rolling, so to speak. Also, cabin fever is really bad over here, and I mean really bad- I actually excited to make more play dough for my kids, and dress up for their tea parties.

Ok "excited" might be an exaggeration, but these days drag to where I am just looking for something, anything! to fill them. Anyways, I think I need to indulge myself in some other more mature hobbies of the crafting variety. So what do you say, want to join me?

And that's really all I have for you today, I hope your week has started off great!

21 comments :

  1. I think you should do the VLOG because every time I see you I am so impressed that you had time to curl your hair and look so put together. As you know, my hair is thick so teach me your 10 minute ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Vlog! We have the same hair problems and I'm so sick of my ponytails and topknots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, yes to a vlog! Your description of why you like vlogs is exactly why I love them....I need to stop referring to bloggers I don't reeeally know as my friends...is there a support group for that? And if so, can I call those people my friends? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We might be hair twins! I'm using a flexi to keep it up all the time lately because it's gotten so long I'm almost sitting on it... But those are generally waaaaay better for me than hair ties for top knots etc. You should have Mandi send you one to review!

    Also, I was JUST thinking, "I hope Ana does that crafting linkup again!" and you read my mind! I've got my crafts totally ready, so I will 100% link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love it if you did a VLOG! Mostly because I'm like you and like to see what other bloggers sound like lol. I personally have thinish curly hair, so I'm not sure how much I would use the info. BUT, I'll totally watch it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. PPD is so hard. I'm pulling for you!

    I vote for the VLOG, too! I have fine, straight, can't-hold-curl-to-save-my-life hair, so I will watch you style yours with longing and delight. And VLOGs def. increase the "I know her! I love her!" factor of bloggy friendships.

    And I LOVE your coral necklace - my sister sent me a Chloe + Isabel necklace for Christmas and I didn't know anything about the store other than the necklace she sent is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to see the VLOG. My hair isn't too long and isn't thick at all but I never curl it because it just takes too long. I would love to be able to quickly curl it for a little change for the normal straight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same hair type and would love some help. Also, a vlog would help with my creeper/ loyal reader complex.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes, and more yes. Teach me your ways!! And that necklace is gorgeous. And I'm 100% in for crafting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes to the vlog, yes to getting to know blog friends better, yes to cabin fever linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A million times yes to the vlog and linkup!!! And, if it makes you feel better, I had my first go around with PPD about 4 years ago, and I still have a hard time talking about it. It is such a hard thing and so misunderstood!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think our hair is identical in everything but color (mine is a shade darker), and I've been rocking a lot of loose ponytails/braids/no hairstyle which makes me look less postpartum than I am (almost 4 months). So yes, teach us your ways!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty!!!! So in love w/ that jewelry. Never heard of it before. How do I get it?? Tell your sister to email me. I'm in Minnesnowta, but hopefully I can still order some or host a facebook party or something. =) My b-day is coming up! I vote YES on the VLOG, even though my hair is short. I finally gave up. Shoulda posted your trick long ago and I might still have long hair. I also vote YES on the cabin fever. We have a lot of that going on right now. Blessings, Ana & family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have naturally curly hair, but my 9 y/o is pretty near Rapunzel and I'd love a faster way to curl her hair! I'm all for a Cabin Fever series too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You must do the VLOG about how you curl your hair! I need to know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want a VLOG please! I used to have thick curly hair, and then I had my second child and now it is just thick and blah. I have resigned myself to daily ponytails which are none too cute because my 3 crazy boys give me hardly any time to do more. Need a 10 minute fix for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would love the VLOG! Always looking for fun new ways to wear the hair! So glad you are feeling better but completely understandable that it's still all to fresh! Continued prayers. Also, I would link-up. I don't know how often in the next months I'll put on my crafty-pants and I have boys but I sure will try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. yes. vlog.

    And, you are on muh mind alllll day, every day, Ana! Every time I feel that pang of anxiety, prayers go up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YES! Vlog the living daylights out of it! I have long hair (and a lot of it) and I have no idea how to curl it without my arms becoming too tired to pick up my children. And in under 10 minutes?! Teach me your ways!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please please please vlog!! I have tried some of those Pinterest hair hacks and rarely do they ever work out...let a REAL woman share her story!!

    ReplyDelete