Monday, May 4, 2015

the Y factor

I get the question a lot: "how has having a boy been different?.

At first when I got the question I was all "well, I can't tell a difference yet because he's still so little." But I don't know, I was kind of lying when I said that, because it totally is. From the moment he exited the womb and I held him in my arms it was different. It is so hard to really figure out why, and therefore even harder to elucidate on the matter, but he just turned 9 months old and I am feeling the need to wax sentimental and mushy so I will try.

It may be because I know that one day he will fall in love and some other lady will have his heart and that until that day, I am THE lady.

It may be that he is the only other male person who gets as much affection from me as he does other than Mike.

It may be that he is a miniature Mike and every time I look at him I see Mike and, well, I really like Mike.

It may be seeing their sweet Father-Son relationship and knowing how much that will deepen with the years.

It may be his sweet smile,

his adorable laugh,

his chubby leg rolls,

or just that he is my son and my only son right now. I love that I get to experience a tiny bit of what Our Lady did when she held Our Lord, although Joseph will not boast that level of holiness and neither will I.

It may be all of these things and more that I can't put into words, but it is definitely different and it is all together wonderful.

Alright, thanks for indulging me and my sappy self, I'll be done now.

13 comments :

  1. I'm so glad you get to experience a son! I've tried to explain it to others and... I just can't. You did it beautifully though. I'm a little googly-eyed over having a daughter right now but I so wish that everyone gets to experience having a son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His tiny face is the SWEETEST. I love the Monday afternoon sappy-ness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! And having a son is so precious, and different than a daughter I agree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...now I really, really want a son! Therese has been praying I'll be pregnant with twin boys next. That's a bit much, but one would probably be manageable. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay...now I really, really want a son! Therese has been praying I'll be pregnant with twin boys next. That's a bit much, but one would probably be manageable. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks so much older all of a sudden! I can see why you're all mushy over him! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only have identical twin boys, but I agree, the Mother/Son bond is incredible. Very sweet baby. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  8. D'awwww!! I loved this. Don't ever worry about waxing sentimental. Sappy is awesome. It's wonderful how much you feel for your husband and your kids. It encourages me that you do. Lay it on me, woman, I love it. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! He is absolutely adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so sweet. You have such a handsome little one and he is lucky to have a mama who loves him so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love being a mama to boys. I have 4 and they are all awesome.

    ReplyDelete