1) We met!!!
You might be asking why Kelly has the body of a baby and why I am cradling her like so, but luckily this is a blog so I don't have to answer. I truly did get to meet her but since I am still a dedicated user of the flip phone, I did not bust it out to get a selfie with her, though it does have a camera function, but I think it takes some serious work to open the camera and I would imagine it would also take people serious work not to laugh at me for using my flip phone for a selfie. The above picture needs to suffice.
2) I had hoped to go to this fly blog conference, but Mike will be working any and all Saturdays for the foreseeable future so it just didn't jive this year. I was so happy I got to get out to hear her speak the night before the conference though-- she is an amazing inspiration to me and her talk was really fabulous. I was also thrilled because I desperately needed a planner for homeschooling and she happened to be selling hers after the talk.
Coffee and breakfast sold separately.It is everything I could ever need in a planner and I HIGHLY recommend it. I do not use those capital letters lightly, it is the real deal.
3) I was going to try to get through life as a homeschooling mother without panning anything, but after 1 week of attempting that approach I have learned my lesson. I would like to say that the week continued as smoothly as it started, but unfortunately the 3rd day brought tears-- so, so many tears, and not even from me because I am too damn tired to even cry over anything. But I realized that the more prepared I can be going into the day, the fewer things I am going to be caught off guard by, like a 30 minute tear-filled-school-boycott over reading a 4 page phonics 1st reader.
4) Seriously-- WHAT DO YOU DO ABOUT THIS MOMS??? Again, take those caps letters seriously, I am in need of some tricks to fight the "I hate school time" fight. It's not even necessarily the work she is given to do, she just wants to play ALL DAY. She is a super imaginative girl and she is fabulous at pretend play, she could do it for hours, so the thought of anything disrupting that sends her into a little fits that just make me want to start drinking at 9:30 a.m. Tips appreciated.
5) I'm sort of a shut-in these days because 5 kids is seriously kicking my butt and taking newborns places is rarely worth it. So to appease my guilt over my kids not getting out as much as they did before Fred came I do things like make homemade playdough and let them have cupcake stands in the front yard.
6) Fred even came
7) Aaaaand now he's awake so I'm done. Happy Sunday, party people!