Thursday, June 21, 2012

4 ingredient recipe=awesome

I've been wanting to post this recipe for some time now and Grace's sweeeeeet little link up today has encouraged me to "just do it", so here we go.

I love macaroons, so when I googled "chocolate chip macaroons and found this recipe that only calls for 4, count em 4, ingredients, I needed to try it and try it I did.

Chocolate Chip Macaroons:
  • 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
  • 2/3 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
  • 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
Combine the stuff; mix until well blended.
Drop the goodness by teaspoonfuls (ish) 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
Press dough gently with back of spoon to flatten slightly.
Bake 8-10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. My oven is super hot and I HATE overcooked cookies, so I went for about 8 minutes. 

Definitely let them cool for a while before eating or they will just completely fall apart all over you, unless you like that sort of thing, then just go for it.

These are obviously not conducive to the Dr. Meansly diet, but sometimes you just have to stick it to the man. I am still working on responding to all you awesome bloggy friends who have been so sweet in commenting on my somewhat pathetic little post yesterday- let's just say I am completely inspired/encouraged, thank you all so so much!!

8 comments :

  1. yummmyyyy! i love them too, i am glad to know we share this love. when i see you next, let's please make them! ps glad you're encouraged...whatever you do, don't let dr. meansly beat up your self-esteem too much. you are looking great, and you're a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look phuNOmenal!!! I want to make them and Grace's ooey cookies. And my doctor never brings up weight. It just isn't an issue. And I'm obese! So I think what she should have said is that with a lot of weight gain they like to double check for gestational diabetes. But if yours has slowed down, then you're probably fine! I gained 16 lbs by mid way last time and only 4 during the last 4 months. But like I said - I'm obese to begin with and ought not gain a ton. You CLEARLY have nothing to worry about. Seriously. Now go enjoy the hell out of your macaroons. You're pregnant and it's hot out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I am a macroon whore I have tried making them "skinny" style... no bueno. must try these... like yesterday!!!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum yum yum yum and I am a total sucker for few ingredient type recipes. Totally making these after I sleep the entire weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: went to my doc yesterday and saw a lot of women who were really big as well as pregnant at the practice. This is in an area of the state where people are kind of like that manager in "Parks and Rec" named Chris. I think you're safe =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it was obvious that you are considered way below people in the above mentioned category, in my mind. okay, enough comments! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look awesome and sort of healthy????

    ReplyDelete