Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday to Friday update, quick style

Last Friday feels like it was a month ago, so to reassure myself-and the world-that time has not shifted from it's traditional seconds, minutes, hours, days method of moving, I'll just go over our week with some takes:

1) I toyed with and executed the idea of heading to campus to watch the ND marching band's march out- it was awesome.

Whether Bernadette thought so or not
Just keeping things exciting.

2) Saturday my fab sis-in-law watched the girls for me to go have my feet violently messaged and toenails painted...
Leaving me confused as to what I think of purplish-black polish (trashy or classy?)

3) Then we traveled to our favorite burger place and I ate about 1/2 pound of jalapenos on my burger to try to kick labor into real gear.

4) The next day I went into labor and Monday had a baby. No biggy.

More on that later.

5) Then of course several days were spent eating delectable hospital foods, laying around and enjoying staring at the cutest babe ever. And perhaps inhaling a bag of peanut m&ms and lime-a-ritas from my hospital perch.
care of the best friend ever, obviously.
6) Yesterday I turned 39 weeks UN-pregnant, oh glorious day.
7) And now I am sitting watching Lucy's 2 big sisters play whilst my saintly-best-mother-in-law-ever holds the tiny one and cooks dinner for us. I am not sure if it gets any better than this.

So it really has just been one week since last Friday, and this proves it. Mission accomplished.
For more, go to Jen. Happy Friday!!


12 comments :

  1. Congratulations on very sweet looking baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! And I'm so super jealous of the lime-a-ritas in the hospital!! i love those things :)

    it's fall. you can do whatever you want with your toes. so I think classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, that must have been Sarah Sehorn who was responsible for those treats! I had the same M&Ms courtesy of Sarah when I had Gwendolen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, that must have been Sarah Sehorn who was responsible for those treats! I had the same M&Ms courtesy of Sarah when I had Gwendolen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lime-a-ritas. Mmmm. Please have another one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Also I feel the same confusion about dark nail polish...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My toes have the same polish, so obviously classy. Soglad that your mil is there helping and that everything is going so well...labor story please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's so beautiful! And I know you are just over the moon to not be preggo anymore! Can't wait to read the birth story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ana, I'm late, but CONGRATULATIONS!! Lucy is beautiful!! I hope all is well! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete