1) There is very little that I dislike on this earth more than children's music. I know that makes me more of a stay-at-home-monster than mom, but if I can avoid the likes of Wee Sing or the Wiggles or anything similar to that during my days, I am sure to be one step farther from the insane asylum, which is always a good thing. That said, I make an exception for this CD:
It's called Catholic Songs for Children and its all taken from the Baltimore catechism and while I do not particularly love the voices or the sound of the songs, hearing Naomi sing about being baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost is enough of a reason for me to let those things slide.
2) Speaking of things that I love (and I think I am just now deciding to link this up with Hallie's 5 favorites if that is not too illicit, I'm such a link-up rebel) I almost single-handedly polished off an entire bag of these almonds in 24 hours this past week:
It was bad. Really bad.
And now I am perusing pinterest like a fiend searching for recipes to try at home, this one will be my first experiment.
3) And while I am sure that every person reading this has already read this gem by Matt Walsh, I am still going to link to it because holy awesome it made my week. Every 20 seconds another stay-at-home mom friend was sharing it on facebook the day he posted it and it kind of felt like he was N'Sync and all the SAHMs were screaming, excited, middle-school (or high school if you were me) girls over the thing, only fewer frosted tips and less glitter. If you've been stuck under an internetless rock or something and haven't read it, it is worth a glance or 20.
4) When I visited Grace last month she served me this amazing, delicious mango salsa from Costco and since we are not members of the big C I figured I was plumb about of luck in that department, until my last local grocery trip when I found this stuff:
It is a winner.
5) I cut Naomi's hair shorter than it has ever been in her life last night and I totally did not mean to go as short as I did.
6) I think I may try my hand at potty training Bernadette again tomorrow. Or I may just run away, we'll see...
7) Lucy may just be the clingiest baby that I have had so far, but I should probably shut it or else the next will be born attached to me (don't try to picture that, and that is not an announcement).
I would be annoyed with her if she weren't so cute and if she wasn't all of the sudden developing a great sense of humor. She's taken to crawling into the kitchen and doing ridiculous bodily moves while making crazy noises until I laugh at her, then she crawls to my feet and cries until I pick her up- it works every time. SO really she is just good at buttering me up. whatevs.
Head over to Hallie for more favorites and Jen for more Quick Takes!