Monday, August 31, 2015

5 Fun Feel-Good Romantic Movies {Netflix #StreamTeam}

Romantic comedies are my favorite genre of movie, because, well, I am a breathing female. Ok, maybe you are too and you hate them, but this lady likes her romance and if it can be coupled with humor than you have just made my date night.

Mike and I have watched nearly every decent romantic movie that there is in the world, and I have started to despair a little that any legitimately good romantic comedy-type movies will ever be made again, but in the mean time I will just keep watching gems like these over and over and over again (which is incidentally super easy with Netflix streaming, just saying.) If you're in the market for a good romantic flick, then click click clickity click over and hit these up, they will not disappoint.

1) Silver Linings Playbook. I feel like maybe people were debating a lot about this movie a while ago, but since I deliberately stay clueless as to things that are trending, I only actually watched this rather recently with Mike and loooooved it. I hope that doesn't spark any old debates, or maybe there weren't any, I have no idea. I thought Robert DeNiro's character was completely hilarious and Bradly Cooper is a particular fav of mine and even though it is a little bit dark in some ways, I mostly just thought it was quirky and fun.

2) Roman Holiday. I am forever indebted to this movie for teaching me how to correctly crack an egg, (OOOPS! I confused this one with Sabrina, thanks, Fuzzy!) but I really loved how classy Greggory Peck is and all the shots of Rome were amazing and made me ache to go back.

3) Charade. I watched this years ago with Mike and loved it. I laughed a lot and loved the dynamic between Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn (more Audrey!). They don't make them like they used to (uh huh, right Ana). *

4) While You Were Sleeping. 90s Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman. Need I say anymore? This is one that I had not seen until this past year and Mike was a little aghast at that. It made for a super fun date night movie watch and allowed Mike to check another movie off of his "movies Ana must watch" list, he doesn't actually have a list.

5) 13 Going on 30. Say what you will about this one, but it holds a special, cheesy place in my heart. I would be embarrassed if I counted the number of times I watched this during college, toooooo many. But still, it's fun and feel-good all around a good romantic comedy.

What about you? What are your feel-good favs? I can only watch these so many times, so I am all ears!


* Update -- My movie obsessed husband says that Charade is more of a thriller/suspense than a romantic comedy, but it does have humor and a romance, so I'll still keep it here on the list.

17 comments :

  1. I love these!! I got to show my husband 13 Going on 30 for the first time last year and we both loved it. I feel lucky that I have a husband who loves chick flicks almost as much as I do! I'm always looking out for good ones on Netflix. Other good ones on there right now: Maid in Manhattan, Amelie, The Giant Mechanical Man, The Importance of Being Earnest, Legally Blonde, and Clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While You Were Sleeping is one of my most favorite movies ever!!! So good, clean, funny, and quote-able {a true standard}. Will have to add "Charade" to my queue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched Leap Year last night and I thought it was super cute! It is free on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great movies! I am jealous that Mike will watch the Rom Com movies with you. I can get my husband to do it, only if he's not really paying attention. I am a huge old movie fan, and especially anything Audrey Hepburn. But I think the movie "Sabrina" is when she teaches us all the correct way to crack an egg? Either way, those movies are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge fan of romantic comedies, but I do like "You've Got Mail." The 90s nostalgia alone is pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if this qualifies as a romantic comedy, but it's certainly romantic, funny and tugs at your heart strings: Dan in Real Life. We watch it at least once a year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure if these are on Netflix, but Notting Hill I could (and have) watched hundreds of times. Charming awkward Hugh Grant and my lady crush Julia Roberts, it just doesn't get better.
    Win a Date With Tad Hamilton is such a B movie that is so so sweet and charming to me. The teeny bopper in me just loves it.
    And Return to Me?! How has no one mentioned that one. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leap Year and Return to Me are two of my faves that I could watch over and over!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last movie my husband watched on a date night in was Chef. We loved it! Definitely a feel good film. Check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My fave romcom EVER is now on Netflix -- Leap Year, which is Amy Adams in her pre-real-fame glory and Matthew Goode (Downton, etc.) being all Irish-y and cute and hilarious together. I really loved it. Plus there is like only one *joke* about sex and that's it which is crazy for a romantic comedy -- and it's still amazing. Highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess I better add Silver Linings to our list because it seems like I'm the only one in the world who hasn't seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love 13 Going on 30, too! It's so good. Have you seen the movie Sleepover - it's definitely aimed at teens/preteens but I think it's really good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE me some While You Were Sleeping...and have since 1995! And I must add Return to Me. It's so lovely and has awesome Catholic humor. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 13 go 30 amazing and one of my favs.

    Good Wishes
    Toddler Bed Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL. I loved "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock, but I don't think it'son Netflix streaming anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good information… We need more information about.kids toddler bed singapore

    ReplyDelete