Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The 90 days were up!

Well, I guess that this will be the new thing that I do around this time of year. I realized that I will be cooped up and for the next many, oh so many months, so I'll just start a blog!

I had a blog, a cute little thing. I don't know what the purpose of it was, mostly to complain and brag- not narcissistic at all. And I liked it. But then I realized that I could not keep up with it as I would have liked to, the pressure to write frequently stressed me out a bit. With the recent birth of our second babe just 18 months after our first, I didn't need any more stress. I also got insecure that people would not want to hear my stupid little rantings nor care to see gratuitous amounts of pictures of my offspring or hear about my latest favorite recipe. But that is the beauty of it all, no one needs to care because if they don't they just don't need to read it! The blogging is for me, not other people. I have nothing of value to offer anyone, but blogging offers me something, a place to pretend that what I do is in some way, cool. The way the page is laid out, featuring yourself, the way you can write whatever you want, all about... you! Again, not narcissistic at all. Also in the last year though I have grown in my appreciation for love for the blog world. I love the way it makes you feel connected. Just reading about how terrible another mother's day was makes me feel so much better about my own. I see it as the equivalent of the 1950's stay-at-home mom's friend from across the street coming over every afternoon to unwind over a nice cocktail (Have I seen too much Mad Men? never).

I will not spend any more time than this sentence updating you on our little family since i last posted, no new children have been born or (to our knowledge) conceived. I know we're slacking, but here we are:
At my little bro's wedding (also a solid 40 lbs smaller than when I last posted, but whose counting...)

So I decided to come back, only I couldn't! Who the heck knew that when you disable your blog you have to re-enable (no idea if that is a word or if it makes sense) within 90 days. So stupid. So there went my little blog, gone forever in a dark, black abyss of online crap that no body cares about. SO I just decided to suck it up and make another one. I am back and better than ever.

Thank you,
Ana

6 comments :

  1. welcome back!

    I'm weirdly excited about your triumphant return. Maybe because I have about a zillion nursing hours staring me in the face and not enough mom blogs to read!!

    the horror.

    but seriously. so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ana, I love reading other Mommy's blogs. Especially Steubie people who I haven't seen in a while. It makes me feel connected to everyone! I started one too I haven't really kept up with it like I felt I should, but thank you for that insight! You're right, it is for me, no one else. So, I will just do what I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, by the way, please share your secret for losing baby weight! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Katelin!
    I am so glad that you agree with me on loving reading other blogs, it is so weird but I just love hearing about other mom's days!
    I tried to follow your blog (which is so darn cute!) but I couldn't figure out how. I am glad we can connect his way :)

    And thank you for the compliment, I used a weight watchers and Jillian Michaels combo and the weight went away. (I would definitely recommend both if you need some quick results.) You look fabulous though, I am sure you don't :) Your little ones are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!! I found you through Grace at Camp Patton. I'm in my first year of blogging and I completely struggle with the same things you used to struggle with: is anyone reading this? does anyone care? is my life interesting enough? At times I've contemplated deleting my blog! But you're right, it's for me and I like that in the future I'll be able to look back and see what my husband and I were up to and how far we've come! I'm glad you overcame your fears and are back! I loved your guest post about naming. We aren't going to have kids for a couple of years (that's OUR plan at least, who knows what God has in store) and I'm already thinking about baby names! Can't wait to hear more about you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. recommenting --- loving the new look!!!!


    ooooo la la.

    ReplyDelete