Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sights and Sounds

Oh how different the holiday-time is once you have several needy albeit cute young ones afoot. I don't even remember what I did with my time before having to change endless diapers and monitor profuse cookie/candy finding/eating. I think it involved something called "relaxation"... ??

Nevertheless, there are lots of great moments in the midst of the chaos (I especially like this one where all 3 girls are napping and I am SITTING on the couch, only coffee could make it better, but that would expend too much time and energy, just like this sentence). Also, I should shut my Christmas-pie hole and not complain since I've gotten more sleep during these travels than I ever do at home, thanks be to the best MIL in the world.

Ok, here are some things I've seen and heard thus far this season:

"My baby pooped again" -Naomi and Bernadette on rotation
Apparently more fake babies=more fake poo
"Lucy pooped through everything again" -me and Mike on rotation
Apparently more real babies=more real poo

"Oh my goodness!" -Bernadette
To everything

"Please sir, could I have some more food?" -Naomi, when she got caught coming out of her room for the 8th time at bedtime last night
I don't think she needs any more.

I hope all you sick ones feel better soon, I've read way too many posts about sick moms and babies- the worst ever. I am super grateful that we have dodged the stomach bug bullet so far- KNOCK ON WOOD.


I'll leave you with a regular sight from our temporary home here, which overlooks all of glorious Steubenville and catches a pretty sweet sunrise every morning.
Happy Thursday!






3 comments :

  1. Aaah, kiddos really do make things better, even though you are usually more exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of Lucy cracks me up. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete