Monday, January 21, 2013

Too much talking

I don't know if it is the cold weather and the disgusting amount of time we've been spending inside, but lately the not-so-little personalities around here have been at their height of their "uniqueness"-- we'll call it that.



After a long day I fixed myself an adult beverage, which Bernadette was begging to try (always)
Bernadette: "Can I have your wine???"
Naomi: "Bernadette! It's not wine, it's margarita!!"
Mother of the year?  Yeppers.


As I was folding laundry in the room where they were playing, I heard Naomi say:
"Bernadette, hide! When the old hag is done folding laundry she's going to come and get us!"
I should never wonder where my low self esteem comes from. 


Naomi and Bernadette walk into the room where I am sitting holding hands and Naomi announces:
"Mommy! I am the lady and this is my prince (Bernadette) and we are going to go to the love room!" ?!?!?!?!?!

Naomi to Bernadette as I walk in the room:
"No Bernadette, you can't pray to your mother she's not Catholic!"
So many discrepancies here

Upon walking in the dining room and seeing the newly purchased rug, Naomi says:
"Oh mommy, that rug looks so regal!"

 And this morning while Bernadette was eating breakfast:
"Tomorrow is Wednesday and on Wednesday I will be free!!!"
You keep telling yourself that. 

If they lived closer to her, the girls would certainly be best friends with Julia, they would have so much to talk about.

20 comments :

  1. I am laughing so hard at your post and Grace's today. Your children. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing/depressing how early they learn to identify different types of alcoholic beverages? Months ago I asked John Paul to ask Dad what he wanted to drink with dinner. Without a pause, Cecilia (18 months) shouted, "BEER!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most excellent, thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so funny! And lucky you, with your regal new rug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha! I needed that laugh- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How in the HECK does she know "old hag" and "regal"??? I was so stoked when Jordan started murmuring "wowwww" to everything a couple days ago. Safe to say we're a bit behind?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The old hag one is the best. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha these are amazing! "old hag".... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, looking forward to what Wednesday holds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. On Wednesday, may I suggest the old hag barricade herself in the bathroom with a giant margarita? I will skype you and we can both be free.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute. I think our girls are similar ages. How old are Naomi & Bernadette?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi will be 4 at the end of March and Bernadette just turned 2 in Oct. How about yours?

      Delete
    2. Gwen will be 4 tomorrow and Avalene turned 2 in Oct also!

      Delete
  12. Oh my goodness, this just made my morning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is hilarious! The old hag line is especially funny - they always have a way of making us feel special!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhh man I love that we Catholic moms can speak openly about our children's intimate knowledge of alcoholic beverages...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hilarious! This post made me so excited for my 10-month-old to start talking. Although it would mostly be nice if she could tell me when she has to throw up so it doesn't end up on the carpet. Again. Loving life today!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is too much to even comment on to know where to start, but your children are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete