Sunday, January 20, 2013

What We Wore Sunday

Sandwiched in betwixt an array of bum wiping, bagel eating, children screaming and mother yelling there managed to be some Sunday skirt sewing and pictures taken this morning for yet another link-up with the Fine Linen and Purple ladies. (Long sentences are my forte, that and bad picture taking.)

Why skirt sewing?
Among my many frantic postpatrum shopping trips for anything that will please fit my rather large-yet-no-longer-actually-pregnant belly were a couple colorful skirts from Old to the Navy. One was the previously worn green goblin, and the other was the cousin of green goblin, we'll call her mystique, because when I googled "blue super hero" that is what came up.

Luckily nature has been good to me and helped me to continue to sloooooooooooooowly lose a teeeeeeeeeeeeeny tiny bit of weight with the only form of diet and/or exercise being nursing all day and night every day and night. I did not don the blue beauty in time, so this morning when I tried it on it no longer fit over my slightly smaller postpartum bump. In a determined effort to wear the thing I did a slight stitch up the back so that it would stay up for the duration of the Mass, though I think I could have done myself a favor and NOT tucked in:

Luckily Lucy's tutu was a perfect fit and needed no last minute alterations.
Just some cray cray for your Sunday.

Backwards deets-always keeping you on your toes:

boots: Macys
tights: GB
skirt: Old Navy baby
shirt and button up not-actually-a-sweater-over-shirt: also Gabes, you'll find that is where the vast majority of my wardrobe has come from.

the baby wore:
a gifted onsie
a target tutu
and gifted tights

Have a splendid Sunday! 



19 comments :

  1. Babies are the perfect WIWS accessory. Not that you really need the coverage, I'm telling you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooooohhhh I do and you are soooo right!

      Delete
  2. Looking good, Girl! I heart the shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Mystique. You look great. I love the outfit, the colors, the baby.
    Oh, and the tutu. Gosh I love me some little girl tutus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great!
    That skirt is my favorite color of blue. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good - and I'm still a fan of the bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a "mystique" skirt too... totally love it. I may or may not have "ba-ha'ed" when you said "cray cray".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue color and woohoo for loosing weight thanks to nursing babies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on the skirt- it looks great! Love the tutu. Oh and I miss Gabe's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha You do not look like you just had a baby. :-)
    The color is awesome and your baby is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe no one has gushed over your kick-a_ _ boots yet! Totally awesome. I don't have the guts to rock the cropped boots, what with my cankles and all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Dwija - love the boots! And I'm a wee bit jealous that you could make adjustments to your skirt...it is all I can do to sew a button and even those don't stay on for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those colors together and I really like your bangs! Also, love that you said cray cray. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cray cray!! Awwww yeah!!!

      Kickin' boots and bangs :)

      Delete
  13. 1. I am incredibly impressed and inspired by your finding time to sew with three babies in the house! You are my hero!
    2. I like your bangs even more this week!
    3. Lucy in that tutu with that awesome hair! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable on so many levels! You look amazing! Love your skirt and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those boots are amazing! Lovin the black and blue combination, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. first of all, you look sooo cute! second, every time you mention gabes i cry a small tear...i miss that place so much!

    ReplyDelete