Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What would I do without the internet?

Seriously, I don't really know what my life would be like without it. Sure, I would be more productive: my bathrooms would be clean more often, my children would be fed, I would put deodorant on more frequently, and I would probably a more balanced person all around, but I would never have been nominated for the

Bonnie is hosting these fun blogger awards and I am shamelessfully asking all my wonderful readers to vote for me, but only if you want to. I am in there with a host of WAY better bloggers so if you'd rather vote for them, that's cool too. I mean I don't even care...

---

Also, without the interwebs I would never have known that it is was a balmy 55 degrees out this morning. In SOUTH BEND. In the DEAD OF WINTER.

And so never would have gone running (if that's what you want to call it) for the first time since Cari's virtual 5k, which I also would never have done if not for the world wide web. Shoot, if not for the internet I wouldn 't even know Cari! That sounds too sad to even think about. If I had not gone running so many inhabitants of the greater South Bend area would have had that much less entertainment this morning. The horror!

---

If it were not for the glorious virtual internet world I would never have found Meg's blog, through Grace and so would never have known about these delightful little nursery printables, FOR FREE HERE.

After we had Bernadette, I gave up on nailing individual letters to the wall, but I am not going to lie, I was beginning to feel like a failure as a mother. Also a side effect of the internet, no doubt.
Feeling like less of a failure.
And I never would have gotten connected with my lovely friend Alexandra, who found me through my blog, who ended up moving 2 blocks away from me and gifted the girls the adorable piggy banks pictured with their colorful letters.

So thank you dear internet, you have enriched my life greatly, you have been a fantastic friend, sometimes you feel more like a family member, so close to my heart and always at my fingertips.

Head over and vote now!! 

3 comments :

  1. I voted! I voted! We're still friends. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're one step ahead of me, (as they sit on one of my pinterest boards) love the way you displayed them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just wanted to say hi! I happened to come across your blog via said awards thingy and read a few of your posts and loved them! Some of all you all have managed to get just the right we've-been-friends-forever tone down even though you're typing into a blog writing screen, I'm jealous of it a little! Anyway, I figure I should stop by and tell you that I liked it and that I'll be reading (hi!), when I find time in between all the kiddo maintenance that you oh-so-accurately elaborated ^above^! :D

    Oh, and hi! ;]

    ReplyDelete