1) The wonderful people of Personal Creations sent the girls these adorable quilted backpacks...
and this sweet monogrammed blanket for Lucy:
All three are huge hits and I would most definitely recommend heading over and checking out all of their items- although be forewarned: you may not be able to stop browsing and you will probably spend money.
2) I was sad but not surprised to see some thinning spots on lucy's head yesterday and have gradually been seeing more and more hairs hanging out off of her head and all over her person.
I know it's just the way it goes but I would be lying if I said that it didn't make me want to shed a single tear.
3) I can scarcely describe how good it is to have Mike around again. He set me free for an hour yester-afternoon to get a coffee and to go to the local thrift store to browse. I think I almost wept on the thrift store employee's shoulder out of sheer joy.
4) And speaking of thrift stores. I have been wanting to link up with Mary of With My Sisters for her thrifting tip link-up. I had intended to give tips on how to go thrifting with children, but after going alone for an hour yesterday I came away with one tip: DO NOT TAKE THE KIDS. You will buy stuff you don't want or need, like a leopard print pirate sleeved shirt that once belonged to your 80 year old neighbor (I almost bought it yesterday, until I tried it on, which I would not have done with kids in tow, I would have just bought it). Head over to Mary's for lots of better, not as obviously common sense tips!
5) As I mentioned before, Naomi's birthday is tomorrow and the festivities have already begun. She has been celebrating the last 2 nights with some new nocturnal habits which take the form of her being up for several hours in the middle of the night, convinced that there are little black bugs all over her and refusing to sleep anywhere but the play room couch. I almost called a priest last night. Not really, but really. All I have to say about it is: WTF!?!?!?!
6) For real though, we did do some actual celebrating already today with what I like to call a "birthday play date" aka a birthday party but with less pressure to be cool. It was tons of fun to chat with other moms while the chidlren had their fair share of toddler fellowship and, of course, CAKE:
|So much excitement for the indoor cake picnic because I did not want blue frosting all over our carpet. So many smiles.|
7) And we'll give a whole take to the cake because now it is gone and I must immortalize it somehow:
|It doubled as a gift from us too since those Nemo figurines are new (holla to Emily for the tip!). She was just a little excited.|
Head over to Jen for more!