Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Too Much Talking (and dancing)


Naomi to the babysitter while Mike and I were out on a date a few weeks ago, in response to Bernadette continually coming out of her bed and crying for me:
"I think that this is the last date my parents are going to go on, because I am just sick of all this whining and crying!" 

Naomi to my parents while hanging out on campus during their visit:
"Grammy, I think I need to go to the Grotto to pray because I have done a lot of naughty things today."
It's about time she owns up to it all.

Bernadette stopping in the middle of her pretend play, very solemnly:
"We have to say a prayer for Maleficent because she died. In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit... (says a genuine prayer for the fictitious evil villain.)
Me: Why do you have underwear on your head? Naomi: Oh no, this is the prince's hat so that Bernadette can marry me!

Naomi on marriage:
Naomi: But mommy, why won't James say yes to marrying me?
Me: Well, I just don't think that little boys have as much fun playing pretend marriage as little girls do.
Naomi (totally exasperated): But he was the handsomest person I could find!
I've taught her well

In response to Naomi doing something helpful for Bernadette:
Me: You are a good sister, Naomi
Naomi: Oh yes of course, we are good sisters! We help each other, we fall in love with each other!
Apparently I have not taught them enough.

Upon walking out to greet me first thing in the morning:
Naomi: Hello, I am Sarahlee, and this little man is taking care of me! (points to Bernadette)
Me: Oh, what is his name?
Bernadette (in a "man's" voice): I'm Walter Princie! No, I am Rumpelstiltskin.
And I knew it was going to be a good day

That same morning, about 10 minutes later:
Me: Lucy and Rumpelstiltskin need to have a diaper change
Naomi: Of course they do. Because I do not want to have a stinky Rumpelstiltskin in my house!
We wouldn't want that.

After Bernadette yanked the curtains open at bedtime (a spank-able offense since we've gone through at least 2 broken curtain rods and an entire set of blinds broken to pieces):
Bernadette: No! Don't give me a spank!
Me: Ok, this is your warning, don't do it again.
Bernadette: Ok, I give you my word.
Big surprise- she did it again. 

In the car on the way home from Mass:
Naomi: Daddy!
Mike: Yes, Naomi?
Naomi: I'm pregnant!!!


And a bonus video of Lucy dancing to Mike's guitar playing, pretty much my all time favorite thing ever:


DSCF0007 from Ana Hahn on Vimeo.

19 comments :

  1. Perhaps Naomi and James will get married now that she's knocked up?

    ;)

    Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby dancing makes me so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that video is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Girl's got some moves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh love them! They're hilarious. I'm still giggling over the last one. I bet Mike's reaction was gold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank heavens for cute baby moves; I truly believe it is how we survive toddler antics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bahaha and then Mike had a heart attack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is "He's the handsomest man I could find!" Totally Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So entertaining! These girls have the best imaginations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I love these posts SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh..that pregnant comment cracked me up! Yes..she needs to marry James now that she is pregnant. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would pay you 100 bucks if you could bottle up some of their imagination and ship them me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pregnant one..!! Did Mike just die?! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The prayer for Maleficent and the "I'm pregnant" had me dying laughing, your girls are hilarious!

    And what is up with breaking curtain rods? My 4 year old has done that at least twice now, ugh! Somehow I never factored in repair costs to the cost of raising kids.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OHhhhh, these were so cute! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, I want to know your husband's response to the 'pregnancy news'?

    ReplyDelete