Wednesday, August 21, 2013

5 Favorite Beauty Items

Linking up with the lovely Hallie for Wednesday favorites, this time of the face-paint variety! 


I like to think of myself as "simple" when it comes to makeup, although I think there may be other words out there that more aptly describe me ("lazy" and "cheap" some to mind), but we'll stick with "simple".

I have a few things that I put on my face daily and the process can take up to 30 seconds flat if I need it to, and I often do. So since I've been fielding loads of emails in the inbox- not to mention the tweets and facebook messages!*- I now give you my top five, or wait, my only five, favorite makeup bag items, in the order that they go on my face (for fun):
 -1-

When I was a youth- and I use "youth" loosely because really I mean starting in 4th grade through high school- I dealt with serious acne. Like, in 5th grade I had to have a surgical procedure where they covered my face with liquid nitrogen, it was crazy. And I so much time feeling like I needed to cover my blemishes, then using some makeup that covered them up, but then proceeded to produced 17 more blemishes in their place, it was no fun. Until I discovered this product- I have used it for so many years, honestly I think I have used it since whenever it was invented and I will probably just die when they stop making it. No exaggeration, I will die. Not only does it not make your face oily and cause breakouts-- and I am NOT joking here-- it actually clears up blemishes. It is the closest thing I have to a child, other than my children... to much? Ok I will stop. 
 -2-

I love this stuff, and even though I have blogged about before- in 5 Favorites already, for shame!- I will say it again that it is great. It does a great job adding a little bit of color to the cheek bone area, and has lots of fun tiny gold sparkles, but not to the point where I feel like a teen pop star wannabe. 

-3-
Extra Large Powder Brush

Because I really like to get the fullest effect of the bronzer, in fact, I am not satisfied unless the majority of my face resembles a penny. Kidding, but really I I love the large brush for bronzing because I feel like it does a better job of blending the makeup with the rest of my face. The one above is not the one I have, but I am really tempted to get a new one since I am pretty sure mine was purchased roughly 7 years ago and has entered the mouths of multiple small humans and been on various floors of our home and that is nasty. I am off to get a new one.
-4-

This might be redundant because I am pretty sure Hallie mentioned this in a Five Favs recently when covering a bunch of awesome mascaras, but I'm going to say it again: this one is fabulous! I have tried oh so many mascaras because it is THE thing that I need to wear daily, take or leave the others, to not feel like death walking. With this one, I have found my match.

-5-
Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick

I have only recently begun dousing my lips with actual "lipstick" during my makeup ritual, I used to just go the lip gloss route- a hold over from early high school that I just couldn't let go. Then a few months ago I decided to grow up and become a woman, and when I did I met this stuff and I love, love, love it. I have the above color, "Raspberry Bite" and it is no joke- it's what I'm wearing below. It requires that I am wearing my bold and daring pants, which I happen to put on today, but in general I much prefer my standard shade of "cranberry" because it is calmer and works better with my face I think.

Last and least, a visual of all the above components applied:
Lips attacked by raspberries and ready to head to the zoo.

**I have received no emails, tweets or facebook messages. I am a liar.

Head over to Hallie's for more favorites!

10 comments :

  1. Pretty lady! No better spokeswoman on the face of the earth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful. And, I have to say that I am so thankful that you mentioned the mascara (even if it is a repeat!), because I'm always on the hunt for a great on, and that is one I have not tried!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the colors really bring out your eyes. You have a beautiful complexion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been breaking out like it's my job since Sophie was born... I'm going to try that foundation stat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so bad about putting on anything in the morning. I'll look for that foundation and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, clearly all these products work! I'm with you on the big brush and I love that mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect because yesterday at the park I was about to ask you what makeup you use because you looked flawless, but then Ryan went all crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purdy, purdy! I too am lazy and cheap when it comes to make-up. I will have to try that powder and mascara pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Neutrogena makeup, and I'm in the market for a new mascara so I think I will have to try that Loreal one :)

    ReplyDelete