Joining Jen and so many other great bloggers for some Friday quick take fun.
1) In honor of the first day of fall-like weather, I got dressed in my most fallish attire and decided to try out my new heeled fall bootie, and I think that the jury is still out on whether I can pull these off.
I am leaning so far toward "NO" that I am almost falling over, it's terrible awkward, really.
Anyways, happy fall!!
2) Bernadette had her first day of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, or "Atrium" as it is called by those who attend (I think it sounds a little like a toddler cult, personally). I was so shocked that she did not get clingy with me at all, nor did she ask for me even once during, and while I was very pleased at how well she did without me, I was a little bit emotional that she is getting so big.
I was also rather confused when I had an entire hour-and-a-half with JUST LUCY to run some errands. It got especially awkward when I kept yelling at other kids in the grocery store to get back in my cart forgetting that they weren't mine, their parents really didn't take well to that. But seriously 90 whole minutes with just one baby every single week? This fall is going to be OFF THE HOOK!
3) While I was out during my toddler-free time I got to hang out with a few friends and go to target and peruse their shoe section (which is really fantastic right now). I think I may trade in the above pair for a pair of their wedges, I am thinking one of these?
You probably should spend the rest of your day deciding for me.
4) One of the friends that I was trying on shoes with yesterday is Kathryn, who I have known and been good friends with since the 3rd day that we moved here to South Bend. We actually met her and her husband in the basement of our bulding where we were all hiding out because of a serious tornado warning. Nothing says "Welcome To The Town!" like funnel clouds threatening to wipe you out. It was so fortuitous though because we become friends immediately and we lived in the same building for 2 years with them, and we're still great friends! And the best part of all is that Kathryn just started a blog, and I think it you are all going to want to hit it up for some seriously thought provoking reflections on lots of different topics, her first post tells you what she's planning on tackling. It will prove to be much more mentally stimulating than anything you will ever read here, so you will definitely want to get in on it. I know I will be.
5) Speaking of great blogs and posts, I just read Susan's post on various non-Jillian at-home workouts and it is a great round-up! I really needed it too because I just get really burnt out with Jill, so I will be bookmarking the post and heading there to find my next workout for sure.
6) I was blown away by all the great comments on the Tantrum post from earlier this week. So many helpful tips, but even more importantly, so much solidarity and support! I love you, blog readers! I just love you.
7) Lastly, if you haven't watched this yet, you probably should. I am finally not 3 years behind with a popular video, thanks to my hippity hip husband.
Just make sure your kids are not around when you watch it because it is too catchy for them not to pick up and sounds a wee bit too intentionally inappropriate.
Hit up Jen for more!