Friday, September 13, 2013

7 Quick Takes!

 Joining Jen and so many other great bloggers for some Friday quick take fun. 

1) In honor of the first day of fall-like weather, I got dressed in my most fallish attire and decided to try out my new heeled fall bootie, and I think that the jury is still out on whether I can pull these off.

I am leaning so far toward "NO" that I am almost falling over, it's terrible awkward, really.
Anyways, happy fall!!

2) Bernadette had her first day of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, or "Atrium" as it is called by those who attend (I think it sounds a little like a toddler cult, personally). I was so shocked that she did not get clingy with me at all, nor did she ask for me even once during, and while I was very pleased at how well she did without me, I was a little bit emotional that she is getting so big.

I was also rather confused when I had an entire hour-and-a-half with JUST LUCY to run some errands. It got especially awkward when I kept yelling at other kids in the grocery store to get back in my cart forgetting that they weren't mine, their parents really didn't take well to that. But seriously 90 whole minutes with just one baby every single week? This fall is going to be OFF THE HOOK!

3) While I was out during my toddler-free time I got to hang out with a few friends and go to target and peruse their shoe section (which is really fantastic right now). I think I may trade in the above pair for a pair of their wedges, I am thinking one of these?



You probably should spend the rest of your day deciding for me.

4) One of the friends that I was trying on shoes with yesterday is Kathryn, who I have known and been good friends with since the 3rd day that we moved here to South Bend. We actually met her and her husband in the basement of our bulding where we were all hiding out because of a serious tornado warning. Nothing says "Welcome To The Town!" like funnel clouds threatening to wipe you out. It was so fortuitous though because we become friends immediately and we lived in the same building for 2 years with them, and we're still great friends! And the best part of all is that Kathryn just started a blog, and I think it you are all going to want to hit it up for some seriously thought provoking reflections on lots of different topics, her first post tells you what she's planning on tackling. It will prove to be much more mentally stimulating than anything you will ever read here, so you will definitely want to get in on it. I know I will be.

5) Speaking of great blogs and posts, I just read Susan's post on various non-Jillian at-home workouts and it is a great round-up! I really needed it too because I just get really burnt out with Jill, so I will be bookmarking the post and heading there to find my next workout for sure.

6) I was blown away by all the great comments on the Tantrum post from earlier this week. So many helpful tips, but even more importantly, so much solidarity and support! I love you, blog readers! I just love you.

7) Lastly, if you haven't watched this yet, you probably should. I am finally not 3 years behind with a popular video, thanks to my hippity hip husband.
Just make sure your kids are not around when you watch it because it is too catchy for them not to pick up and sounds a wee bit too intentionally inappropriate.

Hit up Jen for more! 

16 comments :

  1. Those wedges are super cute, but you can totally pull off the short boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I went ahead and watched with Peter next to me because I have no patience or self control. He loved it. Fox show, Mommy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those wedges on the left!! I think you could pull off the booties, too, but my style is pretty darn "classic" aka: I wait for a trend to pretty much be almost over before I try it out! Also, is that music video supposed to freak me out? 'Cause it sure did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud at the shopping scenario! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for the Target wedges. The booties are super cute, but I looked at them and thought that those are shoes I would covet from afar, but never actually put on my feet. The wedges are so cute and look much more user-friendly! And we LOVED Catechesis when mine were little. A couple did all the way up through Level 3. And yay! for some time with "only" one child!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess that means that Beezie is totally potty trained-hooray! Enjoy your 90 minutes of freedom. It makes me think of the thrill I'd get from dropping one of you off at the library story hour. Love and miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Booties... they're super cute. I'm too boring to actually buy them but you definitely should so that your feet can scream: "I'm a Catholic mother of small children, I love Jesus, AND I rock current fashion!" I will live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Rock those booties. 2. I've heard so much good about Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. 3. My vote is the one on the left. More versatile I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son loved Catechesis of the Good Shephard.

    I like those booties..but I like the wegies on the right better, so that would be where my vote lies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The black wedges....but I'm super boring. I'm being all practical and thinking "they would match everything!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wedges on the left. I'm scared of moccasins though, so that's kind of a cheat answer. The ones on the left are classic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd say that if anyone can wear the booties, you totally could (oh, and Dwija and Cari Donaldson). I do think I agree with the others that the black wedges on the left are practical and would match with a lot of outfits. But then, I'm boring like that. You are so cute though and look fab in whatever stylish fashion you wear. :)

    I will definitely need to checkout the non-Jill workouts for some variation. With winter nearly upon us, I'm gonna need some options.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What I like is the air conditioner in the background of the second picture. LOL! ;)

    But seriously, the booties are awesome - you can TOTALLY pull them off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fox video. It's been on rotation here. And what do you mean by inappropriate? Am I missing something? I thought it was just a promo for their show in Norway, which I know nothing about. Am I being brainwashed?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your outfit in the pic! You look great. Personally, I like both wedges, but think the ones on the right are really cute and different, so I say those.
    I've heard of the whole "atrium" thing before. It sounds pretty sweet! And Jillian just really annoys me now. SOmetimes her voice is creepy, and her snarl can really wear on the nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You need the black wedges! To be totally honest the boots don't work... at least I don't think so but I have the wedges and I wear them everywhere! Even to class, they are so comfy although everyone thinks I am crazy for wearing them up and down these hills in Steubenbeville! So yeah I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete