Friday, November 8, 2013
7 Quick Takes
1) Did you enter my latest and greatest giveaway? Ok, it's one of the lone giveaways I have ever done over here at TFWYHB, so it wasn't hard for it to receive the title of "Greatest", but nevertheless it is. If you haven't heard about it, jump over and check it out and maybe even get some entries in to win your own giant box of scriptural goodness.
2) Lucy had her first "I'm not just a baby who sucks furiously on every inanimate object I can get my hands on" moment yesterday, here's the pictorial proof.
She actually picked up a piece of chalk and... wait for it... didn't inhale it. She stood and scribbled for a solid minute while I ran at break neck speed to find my camera to document the occasion. Nothing but excitement around these parts.
3) My friend Katrina and blogger extraordinaire just got the second part of sweet Conor's birth story up and man, it is a goooooood one. If you like birth stories, there is no way you won't love reading it, she is so good at capturing the humor/drama/beauty mash up that is giving birth. I think I will take notes next time I have to give birth and just pass them on to her and have her write it up, she has a gift. Read BOTH PARTS!!
4) I think it is arguably the case that Pinterest is slowly but surely making me fat. Every time I go there I think "Oh, I will just look for a good dinner recipe or scope out some cute outfits or get some home decor inspiration" and every time I end up baking something delicious or pinning something to bake later that I can't stop thinking about and can have no resolution about until it is prepared and eaten by me.
5) Like yesterday I just couldn't take it anymore, I had pinned this recipe a while ago and am pretty sure I thought about it every single day since the pinning.
These puppies were worth all the thinking and waiting and most certainly worth the making. Try dem, love dem.
6) This week was the occasion of my inaugural tasting of the infamous 5 guys. We were having a crazy rough day, and by "we" I mean Lucy who preeeeeeetty much cried from the moment she emerged from her nap cave until I finally plopped her in her crib to end the evening. Anyways, dinner was just not happening and as I sat pondering what to feed mine and Mike's grumbling tums, the glorious revelation came to me "I have never had 5 guys! WE MUST GET 5 GUYS!". Oh my goodness, oh my dayum, I can see what all the fuss is about. The only problem was that by the time the girls were in bed, we had approximately 3.78 lbs of beef still to eat and a quart of french fries. At 8 o'clock at night. I could hear the fat globules forming around my middle region as I slept, it was gross.
7) And naturally I will leave you with the only the thing I could think of the entire time I was savoring my burger: