1) Here is a screen shot of the working list for my quick takes, just so that I wouldn't forget what I wanted to inform the masses about:
So you know these are going to be good.
2) This week we decided to take the plunge and start moving Lucy into the room with the older girls. We don't let her go to bed with them, since they normally act like patients straight from a mental institution at bed time (not kidding even a little), but we move her in before we go to bed. The result? THREE inmates from the mental institution at 6 a.m.. I know many of you dream of a day when all your kids sleep until 6, and I too used to salivate at that thought, but they've been sleeping until 7, and when a pregnant lady is used to the chillins not resurrecting from their chambers for the day until 7, she needs it to be consistent. Because she's pregnant. And a little bit crazy.
3) Stupid pregnancy. Ok, it's not stupid, it's great, but this week I have been a little caught off guard by crazy leg pain and weird horrible back pain, and the combo is rendering me feeling a little bit like the mom from What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Because, you know, there's been a lot of weight gain as well. We're thinking of getting a lift for the stairs. I gave myself full permission to parent from the couch (or beach chair) today and ti seems to be helping a lot. Also, parenting from the couch is awesome. My check list for the day went something like:
-get kids fed
-sit on the couch and let them climb on me
-fill up baby pool
-sit on beach chair and sun myself while they splash
I need to do this more often. I even painted my nails! It's a veritable day spa over here.
4) Has anyone else had horrible leg pain (it's not a clot, don't worry) that is just dull and throbbing and constant? I looked it up on the webs and found this SUPER helpful list of things to do:
Everything in red is a major exaggeration and actually, I am able to walk, and tylenol did help soooo moving on.
5) My new favorite side dish ever, which I only allow myself to have once a week, is brussel spouts and bacon. Why would anyone ever eat brussel sprouts any other way? Here's how it goes:
- cook about 6 pieces of bacon,
- pour the fat into a baking dish over a bunch of brussel spouts,
- crumble the cooked bacon over the sprouts
- bake at 400 for about 40 minutes (or more if you like them well done, which we do)
- salt and pepper to taste.
Devour with wild furry.
6) Have you read Beth's beautiful and heart wrenching birth story? Her whole experience with baby Rebecca was so beautiful and inspiring, I am so appreciative that she was willing to share it all. Life is such a miracle.
7) Methinks I want these shoes . What think you?
Have a wonderful weekend!!