Friday, March 13, 2015

if the apron fits


Last week I found a year old grocery list in the pocket of an old purse that had my weekly list of meals written on it and do want to know a secret? It was the exact same list of meals that I made the week before and the week before that and the week before that and on and on and you get it.

There is a great dearth of creativity in my culinary attempts, which is why when the folks of Blue Apron offered to sponsor a post (this post!!) for this very boring chef I gladly jumped on the opportunity.

What is Blue Apron? Glad you asked.

Blue Apron is a meal service which allows you to create delicious, chef-designed recipes a home by delivering all the farm-fresh ingredients you need to your doorstep, in exactly the right proportions. 

With no trips to the grocery. 

Sorry I was a little excited about that one.
Are you in love yet? Maybe this will help:



Blue apron offers a 2-Person Plan and a Family Plan and while the family plan says it feeds a family of four, we had leftovers after feeding me, Mike and the 3 girls for both of the meals I cooked. The price per person is $8.74, which is a great deal for such amazing, fresh food.

And I mean fresh.



The help that they offered in the creativity department is heretofore unmatched for me, especially with the meal that I made on Friday, and while I'm sure they had no idea that we go meatless on Fridays, they were oh so helpful and sent not only a no-meat meal that is something other than mac n' cheese (my Friday dinner go-to) BUT sent something that was absolutely delicious: the tomato baked Cod with bulgur, lemon and almond Tabbouleh pictured above (please don't tell anyone that I had no idea what "Tabbouleh" even was before last Friday. Wait, I just did. Crap)

I would never in a million years have thought to put golden raisins in my tomato sauce but you better bet that I will be doing it every single time I make it from now until I die. Scouts honor. 

Everything is delivered in a refrigerated box so the ingredients stay nice and fresh and they would have stayed cold for hours more with all the ice packs they put in there.

They offer an amazing selection of recipes, each ranging from 500-700 calories, which my post-partum pooch greatly thanks them for. AND there is no commitment in signing up. 

AND GUESS WHAT?
The first 25 readers will get two meals off their first Blue Apron order free!

 So CLICK HERE and get on it, your palette with thank you and anyone else you're feeding!

7 comments :

  1. Rectifying: this looks so good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds amazing! Also, your pictures are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you've been on a blogging frenzy lately-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I ask what your meal plan list looks like? Boring as it may be?? And is

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh sorry, commenting while nursin my toddler to sleep!!! Is it a weekly or biweekly rotation of meals?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whaaaaaaaaaat?! I tried to redeem the offer and they don't ship to my area yet. So not fair!!! (Thanks for the offer, though.)

    ReplyDelete