Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Ramble (7 QT)

How-za-bout a nice Friday Ramble in quick take form? Let's do it.

1) I feel like I've really entered legitimate motherhood now that my children have attended their first week of a real summer camp. Something about saying the words "the kids have camp this week" makes me feel like I am play acting and then I realize that I am really and truly an old mom. Farm camp was truly thrilling for all parties except for poor Lucy who screamed and cried every day that she did not get to attend farm camp, which was all the days.

2) While the older 2 girls rode ponies and played in swamps, I dragged the 2 youngins with me to Lowes and gathered supplies to dive into project School Room, 2015. Because the only way to make myself want to home school is the prospect of a cute school room.

3) At first it was just a table and chairs that were getting painted

but my the "Waste not, want not" part of me just wants to use up all the primer and paint that I bought so I keep finding more things to paint. I have added 2 small book shelves thus far and I am eying up pretty much anything that might look nice painted white.

The kids and Mike better watch their backs...

4) Speaking of things that make me feel like a legit mom, I had my first ever child-pooping-in-the-bathtub experience yesterday and boy was it exciting. Yesterday was Lucy and Josephs' once every week-or-two bath before nap time. It was all going swimmingly and I got Joe cleaned up and out of the tub when I heard Bernadette calling from the basement that she needed assistance on the pot. I pulled the plug on Lucy's bath water and told her she could play there until the water came out and I ran down stairs to "assist" Bernadette. Literally less than 2 minutes later, I ran upstairs to see Lucy standing in the tub-o-shit blaming the water for pooping everywhere.I grabbed her out and took a picture which I emailed to Mike after I cleaned up the mess.

All of Instagram should be thanking me for refraining from posting that picture because I had oh so many captions to post it with. You're welcome.

5) How about all these beautiful babies of the Internet? Grace! and Blythe!

6) Meanwhile I must refrain from looking at Insta too much lest I catch the fever, for which the only prescription is:

NOT A baby announcement-- I repeat-- NOOOOT

7) I think I've squawked your E-Ears off enough for today, have a fabulous weekend. And watch this if you know what's good for you:



9 comments :

  1. Brutal poop. But exciting class room paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With bebe #3 I was stripping her down after dinner in her high chair/ kitchen table to give her a bath in the sink tub because third children are still bathed in the plastic sink tub at 17 months in our house (ehem... #shafted) and as if the 2 bigs had not already made a HUGE mess around the dinner table - I was taking off the diaper and splat... POOP all over my floor and my husband wasn't coming home until late. I felt like it was SUCH a rookie mistake to not check the diaper for mess like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy was probably singing that song in her head...."It's my life, Poop wherever I wanna poop"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paint all the things white...amen. I've had that fever for awhile, everytime we get a piece of furniture at Goodwill Matt says, "Let me guess, you are just going to paint it white right?" I may regret it someday but right now I'm all about the white.

    Poop n the tub...the worst. Luckily the first time Mags did it I was actually holding her over the tub grabbing a towel and she dropped from about 4 feet up, had to clean up the splash but at least she wasn't in there with it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My second child pooped in the tub sooooo many times! It was terrible and then my third did it once and I was like No!!!!! Not another bath pooper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My second child pooped in the tub sooooo many times! It was terrible and then my third did it once and I was like No!!!!! Not another bath pooper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My second child pooped in the tub sooooo many times! It was terrible and then my third did it once and I was like No!!!!! Not another bath pooper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am easily subject to baby fever, which explains #5 in the oven. So I am going to remind you of 30 weeks pregnant, which feels....bad. Can't walk, can't sit, can't breathe, know you have 2.5 more months bad. Baby fever any better?

    ReplyDelete