1) I feel like I've really entered legitimate motherhood now that my children have attended their first week of a real summer camp. Something about saying the words "the kids have camp this week" makes me feel like I am play acting and then I realize that I am really and truly an old mom. Farm camp was truly thrilling for all parties except for poor Lucy who screamed and cried every day that she did not get to attend farm camp, which was all the days.
2) While the older 2 girls rode ponies and played in swamps, I dragged the 2 youngins with me to Lowes and gathered supplies to dive into project School Room, 2015. Because the only way to make myself want to home school is the prospect of a cute school room.
3) At first it was just a table and chairs that were getting painted
but my the "Waste not, want not" part of me just wants to use up all the primer and paint that I bought so I keep finding more things to paint. I have added 2 small book shelves thus far and I am eying up pretty much anything that might look nice painted white.
4) Speaking of things that make me feel like a legit mom, I had my first ever child-pooping-in-the-bathtub experience yesterday and boy was it exciting. Yesterday was Lucy and Josephs' once every week-or-two bath before nap time. It was all going swimmingly and I got Joe cleaned up and out of the tub when I heard Bernadette calling from the basement that she needed assistance on the pot. I pulled the plug on Lucy's bath water and told her she could play there until the water came out and I ran down stairs to "assist" Bernadette. Literally less than 2 minutes later, I ran upstairs to see Lucy standing in the tub-o-shit blaming the water for pooping everywhere.I grabbed her out and took a picture which I emailed to Mike after I cleaned up the mess.
5) How about all these beautiful babies of the Internet? Grace! and Blythe!
6) Meanwhile I must refrain from looking at Insta too much lest I catch the fever, for which the only prescription is:
7) I think I've squawked your E-Ears off enough for today, have a fabulous weekend. And watch this if you know what's good for you: