Tuesday, March 8, 2016

24 weeks + the Name

I have roughly 4 half-written posts in my drafts folder that are leaning more towards "meaningful" or "thoughtful" or even borderline "spiritual", and while I do find more fulfillment in hitting "publish" on those sorts of posts, I feel like there is enough on the web right now to scratch that itch for the general public and that others are doing a way better job at it than I ever could (I'm looking at you Laura, Susan, and Jenny).

So I'm pushing forward with my very first genuine pregnancy centered post thus far in this gestation, and if you've followed this blog through other pregnancies, you know that for my first preggo post to come as late as 24 weeks, is nothing short of a small miracle.

Right, so here were are at 24 whopping weeks and feeling more whale-like than I've ever felt by this point:

I got my first "are you sure there aren't twins in there?" question by 20 weeks, so you can imagine what 4 extra weeks has done for me-- I'm anticipating plenty more of those sorts of baffled inquiries in the next 16 weeks, should be loads of fun.

I've been blaming my general fluffiness on the fact that over half of this pregnancy has been in the winter, but let's just be honest: pregnancy is hard. Pregnancy with 4 other kids around is hard. Not eating a heaping bowl of mac and cheese or a handful of Reese's pieces or a snicker's ice cream bar when I want one is hard (somebody tell that lady to stop gramming all her cravings, for real). I can only handle so many hard things, something has to give, and that something is my thighs, butt and waistline. We'll get them back some day. Hopefully.

I was going to say something along the lines of "I usually have energy back by this point in pregnancy" but then I wised up and checked the old archives of my past pregnancy posts, and that is just not true. So at least things are consistent! And at least these posts aren't entirely useless. So in keeping with the last pregnancy, I'm still desperate for a nap every day, thank you Netflix to infinity.

But unlike the last pregnancy, I will NOT whine your face off, because baby is well and I am well and I am just so darn happy that some foods sound good again.

In the craving department there isn't much to note, except that when I have a craving, you better get the heck out of my way because Big Mama gets what she wants when she wants it.  Mike came through for me big time last night in the form of a Jamocha Shake from Arby's. If you've never had one, get thee in the car pronto and GET ONE. Your life will be forever changed for the better.

I think maybe, just maybe, a little tiny trace of "nesting" came the other day, but it was really just a fleeting thought along the lines of "I should vacuum and organize some things". Then I took a nap.

I am feeling more emotional than ever over Joseph not being the baby anymore and simultaneously terrified at the thought of him being within 5 feet of a baby that is not a doll. When we were in the Ville last weekend we had the pleasure of meeting my newest little niece, Matilda (best name EVER), and I would say that Joseph's primary sentiment was "please let me RIP THAT BABY'S LEG OFF!" When you wouldn't oblige him a violent tantrum ensued. I'm holding out huge hopes for some BIG developmental leaps in the next 4 months, and if all else fails we'll invest in one of these for him.

The girls are so extremely enthusiastic about this baby and it's so sweet. I love how aware Lucy is of everything concerning him, and I also love that she calls him by his name, which is now completely solidified because I think there would be anarchy from the wee ones if we tried to change it. We've never kept our genders or names a secret before, so I won't start now, but just know that I have no qualms about last minute surprise changes in the hospital room, at least for middle names. Although I really think this one's a total keeper as far as we're all concerned. Plus if you've slogged through this opposite of a masterpiece post, you deserve a little treat, so here's our name for Hahn baby boy:

Fred Bernard Hahn, likely to be called "Freddie", named for Mike's grandfather and Bernard of Clairvaux. 

Cat in the Hat and that's that. 





14 comments :

  1. Aww, I love the name. I keep hoping one day I'll be able to use my grandfather's father's name, Alfred, so I can have a "Freddie" too!. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alfred!! Love it so much! I'm such a fan of old names, always will be.

      Delete
  2. Oh how sweet! Great name, cute babies. I also napped like a dying person all last pregnancy (and still am, though less desperately).

    Ps what would you get joe to prevent baby mauling? The link takes us to this post lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oop! Wrong link in there, fixed it. (An extra dog cage, naturally :) Kidding. Mostly.

      Delete
  3. What a sweet name!! I'm as far along as you, but we're having a hard time picking a name!! This is our 5th boy, so I'm running out of boy names. And one of my daughters is named Matilda after St. Matilda. I love seeing other people using that name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "can only handle so many hard things, something has to give, and that something is my thighs, butt and waistline. We'll get them back some day. Hopefully."

    Hahahahahaha! You are in my wavelength. I'm 28 weeks pregnant with #6 and feeling quiiiite fluffy. I love his name, too. We are still way up in the air with our little guy's name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *On my wavelength. Stupid phone.

      Delete
    2. Haha, right there with you, solidarity, sister. Sol-i-darity.

      Delete
  5. Bernard is such an under-appreciated saint! He was one of the first Catholic writers I read and loved, years ago. Such a great choice! Also: yes yes yes to the winter pregnancies and the extra fluff. Dear Lord what happened to my arms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention the arm flab! It is so bad over here- and you can't even remotely blame it on the baby, they're not even in the same vicinity!

      Delete
  6. The Jamocha shake got me through my first pregnancy!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just don't know what you are talking about. I am feeling super fit this pregnancy, have no unhealthy cravings and am barely showing at 16 weeks.

    Opposite Day.

    Pregnancy kinda sucks, but at least I can try and offer it up for Dwija's situation and any couples struggling with infertility or super-fertility. I hope you get some energy back soon, and you will be skinny mini Ana again, you always bounce back amazingly!

    Love his name, you pick great ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fred Hahn. Love. Congrats, Ana.

    ReplyDelete