Wednesday, August 17, 2016

number five, stayin alive

This is about  to be one of those blog posts that you skim right on through because you realize right about now that only grandparents or other blood relatives will actually care about it. Or people who really like looking at cute babies, otherwise just scroll on over to your next blog-read.

Sweet Fred Bernard is a whopping 2 months old and I know it sounds so extremely cliche but I seriously have NO idea how we are already here. I feel like these last 2 months have been more of a blur than any other time in my life, and at the same time I feel like I have been able to relish this baby more than any of the others, because any moment at all that I am able to sit and stare at him I TAKE and I love it.


He is so smiley, but was not in a smiley mood for these pictures so I got nary a very smiley picture from the bunch, but he was sufficiently not-angry enough to still get some nice, peaceful face shots with an extra-close up of the collateral damage of a swaddle-bust-out last night (i.e. he scratched himself on the cheek).

I would posit that he is the most-loved little guy in the world, he has at least one person asking to hold him at least 75% of each day.
I think he is the child who looks most like me: blue eyes, double chin, receding hair line, etc. All me.


He had quite the colicky spell for the first month or so of his life, and while it has definitely gotten much better, he is still super gassy, but all my babies are for the first 3 months and I am trying to not want this last month to go fast because is some weird way I am sure I will miss his stinky baby farts when they're gone.

He still won't let me have more than a 2 hour stretch before he is sca-reeeeeming from his crib at night (thanks stinky baby farts), BUT!! He is in his own crib for those hours before he sneaks back in ours which means-- 2 sweet hours of stomach sleeping solo. I will take it.

Ok, I will stop there because I can only use so many of the almost-identical picture before it just gets weird.

Freddie B, I love you.




2 comments :

  1. I love all the cute baby photos! He's absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the cute baby photos! He's absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete