Friday, February 17, 2012

Noteworthy Naomi


The other morning while Naomi and I were playing, or Naomi was playing and I was trying to inhale my never-big-enough cup of coffee as fast as possible, she gathered a bunch of wooden cookies into a bowl and excitedly walked up to me and said:
"It's your birthday mommy! Here is your birth soup!" - there was so much going through my head here...



After I got off the phone with the doctor's office yesterday Naomi started talking on her play phone and told her doctor on the other pretend line:
"I need to get some c-sections for my baby, she is very sick" - I have clearly not explained what exactly a c-section is, which has to be good, and it makes for great play conversations.



Several of her favorite phrases (mostly inserted in the correct place):
"I'm assuming that..."
"Unfortunately I..."
"I would be delighted to..."
"I am talking about a situation in which"



Today Mike went in to get her when she woke up from her nap (during her nap I found her standing on top of her dresser removing her curtain rod) He asked her about these happenings:
Mike: "Naomi, did you get on top of the dresser and take down the curtain?"
Naomi: looks away "Oh, I hear a small child calling for me, calling my name!"



The other night I was praying with her before bed and we were rapping up and she went ahead and took over, totally unprompted:
"And we ask this through the intercession of our Blessed Mother Mary as we pray, Hail Mary..." and she finished the prayer and I left it at that.

She is a good egg.

Here's a little video from this afternoon where you'll see a very distraught Naomi over not making it to the ball on time, or something


Untitled from Ana Hahn on Vimeo.

2 comments :

  1. ha. I love it!

    Can she come home school Julia please.

    I can't get her to say two words together ... or even a two syllable word come to think of it.

    And are you already potty training Bernadette?

    ohhhhhh teach me your ways and send me some patience!!!

    ReplyDelete