Monday, February 27, 2012

really just an excuse to tell you about an awesome song

early morning faces!!!
Happy Monday!!!!
Our weekend was filled with some very much enjoyed time with family- my husband's parents came in town- it was wonderful. Which is yet another excuse for my pathetic lack of blog posts. I would post pictures of the visit, but I neglected to take ANY pictures at. all. The in-laws snapped some on their i-phones, so I hope to get them to email them to me (I don't even know how to do that so it is doubtful that they will know the process).

You MUST listen to this song. Tell me what you think. While I do not condone the opening scandalous body shot in the video, just disregard it, unless you like that sort of thing and in that case, you're welcome. His voice is like butta, and I have not stopped singing it in my head since Mike showed it to me. If it were not for him, I would pretty much just listen to Christian rock. Not that that is bad, but he helps me to branch out.I am listening to it now, over and over again.

We still have not ventured out of the home for some time and are now about to take a jaunt to the Mall for the "play place" or so that I can look at the Gap for some sales. Always. (now you know the truth, Mike).

Have yourself a glorious Monday.




5 comments :

  1. I DO like the song! I have a few other suggestions for "butter-like" voices if you are ever interested...just because I'm a shameless fanatic about music: Ray Lamontagne (oh my goodness, I could devote my blog to him), Bon Iver, Beirut, Sufjan Stevens, David Ramirez, etc.

    I know you didn't ask for any of that...but I couldn't help it. I will also admit that I have many others if you ever need it...but then again, this comment is getting ridiculously long and strange to begin with ;)

    On another note, love the pics! Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Gotye!!!! When I had a 9-5 job, I listened to the radio station radioparadise.com all day at work because the music was great background music and never played anything "questionable" (for times when a boss would enter my office!!). They played Gotye every couple hours and I loved all his songs. Now with Pandora, I haven't listened to radioparadise.com in a while, but this post made me think about it. I may have to revisit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah. i want the kids to wake up so that I can listen!!!!! Or for my headphones to reappear from Julia's hoarding pile of hidden.

    Naomi looks like such a ham. And her hair -- very jealous.

    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the song! And would love a little trip to the mall...honest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. heard this on the radio TWICE yesterday (love Denver) and thought of you. Love it. (I might be a 17 year old stoner deep down on the inside...)

    ReplyDelete