Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Sunday Recipe

This is the first week of my official second trimester and I am more than a little excited about this. While I still manage to complain plenty about the nausea not having completely vanished the day I turned 14 weeks (like it's a birthday), it has undoubtedly gotten much, much better. I can do normal things now like drink COFFEE (so excited about this) and drink my coffee before eating anything in the morning (normal for me) instead of running to the kitchen as soon as I wake to get a bowl of cereal, or piece of ham, or stick of butter or anything to keep me from being hunched over the toilet.

Another normal thing I can now do is cook fun things for the fam without feeling like I am going to hurl when I see the picture of the food in the cookbook, the old Ana and coming back! It's just a matter of time before I bust out my *brand new* birthday sewing machine and sew something awesome... but we'll give that a little more time.

So this morning I made these. I borrowed "the Pioneer Woman Cooks" from the library the other day, so that is why I am all of the sudden posting her recipes, but I will be honest I should always be posting them. They are all amazing and I would like to own this cook book one day. These were the best pancakes I have ever had. Fo realz.



They made for a happy mother and children (and a would-be happy husband if he had not been up til the a.m. hours of the night/morning working on a paper, poor guy, he will eat his later)

To document the happiness:

The other child was happy too, but her face was not as messy and that always makes for a better, or at least more entertaining, picture.


3 comments :

  1. I've never regretted a single PW recipe- just made her Chicken Florentine last night and it was a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreeeeeee on PW ---- bomb dot com.

    You're inspiring me with allll this cooking. I'll have to make something tonight!!

    and I'm SO happy you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got that cookbook for Easter - love her fattening recipes :)

    ReplyDelete