Yesterday marked some rather ground breaking things in a few different, sort of related, arenas.
1) I went to the doc for my 16 week appointment and found out that, since Christmas, I have already gained back HALF of the weight that I lost last year (if you read the post where I mentioned how much I lost you can do the math, if you didn't I will not divulge it now). Isn't that amazing!?!?! Personally, I am impressed with myself- also a little disgusted- but mostly impressed. If you read this post a while back you know about my preoccupation.
|And back again. Bad lighting+awkward smile=typical ana pregnancy picture|
2) I participated in the first form of exercise since being about 6 weeks pregnant- a 10 week break from working out and I went from having this as my daily workout routine 4 short months ago:
Now I will give myself some credit here and say I had NEVER been that skinny/in shape ever in my life before, so I was bound to regress at some point AND I am actually ahead of the game in terms of where I was weight wise when I was pregnant with Bernadette- so I am feeling good.
But with all that said, I am beginning my pregnancy diet/workout regiment to attempt to not gain an average of 8 pounds every doctor's appointment. This plan really just means:
- no more daily fast food, for every meal
- no more mid-morning hot dog snacks
- no more nightly reeses cups (sniff)
- not more middle of the night confetti cake
- do anything at all by way of physical activity. I think I will try some of Dwija's tricks.
- maybe try to eat every 3 hours instead of every 2
3) Unrelated, but watch out, I am sewing again.
|And it is going to rock your world|
4) And the last monumental thing that's been happening recently worth noting:
|The girls are finally deciding to both smile for pictures together (yes that is a smile for Bernadette there) and it is making for some better pictures.|