Thursday, June 28, 2012

Milestones sans Mike

If you consider finally being able to get your child's hair into pigtails a milestone.

Mike has been absent since Sunday attending what has been described as a "week of intensive study, prayer and discussion" aka a retreat for really smart people. And I have been spending lots of time at both of our parents' homes squeeeeezing as much child care out of them as I can and pretending to know what I am doing by myself.

I was encouraged our second day here when I was staring at Bernadette's long stragglers+male pattern baldness and thought, "hey, I think I could manage to fit most of that up in pigtails" with the exception of the reeeeeaaallllyy short pieces on the top. So I tried it and..........


Success was mine.

I suppose of all the "milestones" for Mike to miss, this was the best. Plus we got to see him at Mass everyday, so he was included in the rejoicing.

Did I really just do an entire post on putting baby hair in pigtails? You bet.


4 comments :

  1. So cute! Little pigtails are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I rejoiced the day I was able to put my daughter's hair in pigtails. She was so bald for soooo long, that I almost wanted to petition it as a national holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuuuuuute! I can't wait until Elli has hair, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did earrings until my baldie little girl finally had hair (around 2) and then out came the earrings and up went the pigtails. Love them!!

    ReplyDelete