Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Mike Check

Hope you're all doing just fine this wonderful Monday. I have been graced with some much-welcome company: one of my bffs from college came to the Bend with her 2 boys, and we are trying to show them a fun time, or as much fun as you can have in the rain, with 4 toddlers (soooo just drinking wine and coffee and talking). Therefore I have decided to leave you with a few funny one-liners from Mike, since I should be with my buddy and not blogging.

"Wait, what are doing? Why are you taking my picture?"
While getting ready for bed last night, Mike, who has been bummed that he is allegedly getting chubby, and who has thus embarked on a strict regimen of diet and exercise, turned to me and faux-overconfidently said: "Hey, when you go to do laundry next... you should use the wash board" (pointing to his stomach "muscles").

While making our bed the other day, we both looked at our white-turned-yellowish-brown duvet cover and were commenting on how terrible it looks. Mike said, "I just want to say how very sorry I am that I pushed for getting the white cover, said Ana to Mike."

On Friday, after my boost in blog traffic, I was complaining to Mike that I really did not want to make dinner that night. Mike said, "Don't worry about it, if we get hungry we'll just subsist on Jen Fulwiler's affirmation."

After telling him I was doing another "Mike Check" with the above quotes, Mike said "I'm not sure those are funny enough, you better not dilute my brand"




5 comments :

  1. You two make me laugh. The picture of him and the one of you with your sister from the shower, makes me question why either of you would need to lose ANY weight! You look terrific and are just too much fun.
    I'm so glad to have found your blog and Grace's and your other friends. You are all so fun.
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! Thank you so much for reading and for your always sweet comments, I really appreciate them.

      Delete
  2. Between you and Grace, you guys could do these posts everyday and I'd be perfectly satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAAHAA!!! dilute his brand is the funniest thing I've heard all week. Keep 'em comin!! :)

    ReplyDelete