1) My mom and dad came to stay for the week last Friday. They made a little appearance in Lucy's baptism post, but I did not give them enough blogtention (that's blog-attention, just a little word I made up).
2) They have been tag teaming entertaining the girls and letting me have more baby Lucy time like it is their job. Also the girls might die when they leave too. You'll find us lying somewhere in a heaping pile of sleep deprivation and under-stimulation.
3) I feel like this would only happen in my family: On Wednesday-- with only 2 full days left with us-- my dad decides to offer to tear up our old floor in our bathroom, put in a new floor, and install the new sink we had purchased a while ago. We've been wanting to finish this bathroom for a while, but were putting it off until next year. It took my dad 24 hours (and only a little bit of swearing) to do what would have taken Mike much longer and MUCH more swearing. But then, my dad is a professional contractor for a living.
|Before and after: yes that is ceramic tile in place of the old n-n-nasty linoleum-- he is amazing|
4) My mom is the bomb too and made us this amazing goodness for dinner tonight. She's also been keeping pans of freshly baked brownies around, keeping this always starving nursing mother very full and happy. Brownie for dessert? And breakfast, lunch and snackies? Don't mind if I do! Until tomorrow. Oh gosh I am nauseous.
5) The election is fast approaching. I have decided this year to vote hedgehog. What will you do? Watch the video and let your conscience guide you.
6) It is becoming painfully obvious that I just use Jen's quick takes as a not very quick way to make up for my lack of blogging. Too many life details in one post? Never, just 7 quick takes.
7) Now for a baby picture:
|Almost 3 weeks ancient. Thank you, Grace for making my baby stylish.|