1) After surviving a week of a nasty little stomach bug which circulated through all three girls, we are getting back to normal. We had a lovely St. Nicholas day yesterday and even though a sizable part of it was spent battling a certain crazy tantruming 3-year-old, I was thrilled that there were zero trips running to the bathroom praying praying praying that she makes it there in time.
|back to her sweet, albeit screamy self|
2) Speaking of tantrums, where do I even start? My mom says that, of her 8 children, 2 of my sisters and me were the worst with tantrums, so maybe I am just getting what I deserve- but seriously, it's like watching The Exorcist, minus all the vomit. I feel like I have gotten more patient over the past 3.5 years of mothering, but the more patient I get, the more crazy she gets. And it's always right before nap time and bed time, as if she is completely unaware that it is coming, because we don't do it every single day at the exact same time or anything. I am talking about the oldest, largest, heaviest child here, which makes wrangling her and lifting her limp, convulsing body off the floor while carrying the 13 pound 7-week-old in a carrier somewhat difficult. This is becoming a ridiculously long take, but clearly you are not ready for me to be done going on about this, I'll just start a new one.
3) Here's a list of new things happening during the pre-nap tantrum:
- threatening me
- threatening small creatures
- threatening toys
- throwing things
- banging doors
- kicking walls
- kicking toys
- making her head spin
4) I finally caught up with the rest of civilization and watched Gangnam Style on Youtube. (I'm how many months late with this?!) And now I am ruined. I have to watch it all the time. I am watching it right now. I am a real sucker for anything that makes me want to dance, and does this video make anyone NOT want to dance, I ask you???I must practice every day until I get it right-- and I will, I promise you.
|What? How did this get in here?|
5) If anyone hasn't read my sister-in-law's blog, you should. Hannah is hilarious. Yesterday I mentioned that I might link to her blog in my Quick Takes and she said, "I don't know, that seems kind of incestuous, don't you think?" There's more where that came from-- go visit her. Now.
6) How many more randoms things does it take to get to the end of this quick takes?
7) Watch this video. Greatest. Commercial. Ever.