Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Legit and Not

We had out first legit snowfall yesterday. I think what constitutes it as "legit" is the fact that there is enough snow for the girls to pick it up and eat it.
At least they're eating it off the slide, it's less likely that our neighbor's cat peed on that.

Snow=legit

Then, this morning, as a part of our weekly routine, all four of us ladies ventured out in the freezing cold to gather groceries from the store. Our trip always includes a visit to the alcoholic libations isle where I pick out my weekly vino. I was SUPER excited when I saw bottles of Moscato for a mere $5 per bottle, I grabbed 2 and went on with things. Our trips always leave me wanting to drink both bottles by the end, but I always refrain. I did however pick one up after the groceries were unloaded to look at it and drool a little thinking about drinking a glass after the girls are in bed later, and this is what I saw:
That's right, it says "alcohol removed". Who would do such a heinous thing? 
In other words: "not wine" or "grape juice". Either way, NOT legit.
This poser was sitting amidst all the other legit wine acting like it was the real deal-- it even called itself "Moscato" and yes, the frazzled mother trying to keep her 2 unruly toddlers from breaking lose from the bonds of the cart-bench fell for the ruse.

Needless to say I will be heading back to the store later to exchange both bottles for something potent. Lord knows I need it.

11 comments :

  1. Alcohol Removed Wine = One of the worst things I have ever heard of

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should name it whine, because that's what I would do if I bought it by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That alcohol removed wine is the saddest story I've heard all day. I hope you returned it, or cooked with it or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooooooooooooooooooooo! I'm mad at the people who made this scourge of a drink. And the people who sell it. What is the world coming to? No damn good. I'll tell you that much..;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curses! The devil did that to you.

    Also, this upholds my husband's weird theory: never buy any food with a blue label. Strange but true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it is alcohol free and of a 2011 vintage, God only knows what, exactly, is keeping it preserved ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay ~ first snow fall!
    Boo ~ faux 'wine' hiding amidst the real deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alcohol content aside, I can see you have excellent taste in wine. I think having 3 kids 3 and under will make anyone a connoisseur pretty quickly. Let me know when you're back from the store, I'll be right over :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha...I saw the label and my first thought was "there's no way that's the wine ana's been drinking!" and my heart sank for 2 seconds cause i felt slightly guilty that mine in the cabinet is real...and then the reality smacked me...."this is ana". . . and i realized it was the not legit part of your post! too funny! i hope you found a respectable replacement! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should have put a warning label on that last picture. That is the most horrific thing I've ever seen! What kind of madman comes up with a product like that??

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is ludicrous. I just... I can't. maybe try buying legit wine by the case so as to avoid running out of essential libations? it's kind of what I'm doing right now- stockpiling "goodies" for post-pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete