Hopping on the quick takes express with Jen and the rest, because it's Friday and I'm breathing.
1) Just to let you all know I will be keeping the Cabin Fever Link-Up open for about another week, as long as I can get into the linky form and extend the close date a little. If you haven't linked up, you should and if you're not going to to you should at least head over and check out the different crafts that have been linked-up, they are sure to inspire even the un-craftiest person.
Also, just know that when I get done with those of you who are linking up:
2) And further more, when will I stop with the SNL cowbell skit references in regards to the link-up? I suppose when the link-up is over, but maybe not even then. If you've never seen the skit with Will Farrell and Christopher Walken, your life is not complete and you should go watch it, or part of it, HERE right now.
3) Mike and I had a romantic date night last night consisting of Dominoes pizza, with all three children, trying out Bernadette in a big girl bed for the first time, and a viewing of the movie Prometheus. Because nothing says "I love you" like a robot performing a cesarean on a women to remove an alien baby. Bernadette did a fantastic job and I really loved the movie.
4) Speaking of perfection, I will go ahead a include the resident 4-month-old (today!!) who, after recovering from a little sick spell, has returned to sleeping alllll the way through the night. So long, in fact, that she is not waking me up to nurse, I am waking her up due to, um, discomfort. She may not be rolling or sitting up or really doing anything but eating and sleeping- but she is SLEEPING! And I know it will not last, so at least I can come back here and recall the awesomeness I once knew. Also, her hair has still not fallen out:
5) I was not going to include anything involving what I will be giving up for Lent on the blog, mostly because I'm not really giving much up, but also because then when I fail it will be all the more painfully obvious. But since Jen asked, I will post in for all the world to know about, which will hopefully serve to hold me accountable (or not).
6) First, I will try to smile. That's right people, it takes that much effort. It's not that I'm not happy, it's just that toddlers stress me the heck out. And hormones be making me real cray cray. And that combo leads me to my next Lenten effort: trying not to raise my voice, which is already going horrible awry.
7) And the last 2: no clothing shopping and a daily chaplet of Divine Mercy with the girls between 3-4 each day. No shopping is going fine, um it's 2 days in to Lent, give me time to fail. But I am pretty sure that as we got started on our chaplet yesterday around 5 p.m., it sounded a little some like this: "Eternal Father - DON"T TOUCH THE CANDLES- I offer you the body and blood- MOMMY CAN I HAVE THE RED ROSARY I REALLY WANT THE RED ROSARY- soul and divinity- NO BERNADETTE IS HAVING IT- of your dearly beloved Son- THEN I'M NOT PRAYING-our Lord- YES YOU WILL- Jesus Christ- I WILL NOT UNLESS I HAVE THE RED ROSARY- in atonement for our sins- DON'T THROW BOOKS AT THE CANDLE, BERNADETTE- and those of the whole world- I'M NOT PRAYING" Ok Naomi.
So yeah, Lent is going to be awesome.
Happy Friday party people!