Saturday, February 2, 2013

No flour coconut and flax cookies

I really hate flax seeds and I wish I wouldn't have put them in this recipe, but what's done is done and I am pretty sure I am the only person on the planet who doesn't like them, so hopefully this will serve to please others.

Also, it should be noted that I literally threw everything in a bowl for this without measuring anything and without looking at any recipe, and I am now trying to guess at the proportions, therefore if anything goes wrong for you, I assume no responsibility.

For all you gluten free people out there, here is a recipe that doesn't taste horrible.

The stuff you need:
  • 1 cup rice chex finely ground
  • 1 cup coconut, sweetened or unsweetened, I used sweetened 
  • 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup flax seed
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 2 egg whites or one whole egg
Mix it all together and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

They aren't the best "cookies" I've ever had and really they are more like granola bar bites or something, but the girls like them (!!!!!) which was a major shocker. After yesterday's discovery that they will actually eat foods not packed with refined sugar and chocolate, I figured I would try my hand at a good recipe for them. This is what they got!

She like's it!

6 comments :

  1. I think flax seed is gross. You're not the only one!

    John Paul, on the other hand, begs me to pour ground flaxseed in a bowl for him so that he can eat it straight. My theory is that we've raised him on such healthy (or gross) food that he loves that stuff, whereas I was raised on processed junk and that's what I still crave! I have to trick myself into eating healthy food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I actually have all of those ingredients in my pantry. Except the eggs...we keep those in the fridge. Don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Naomi coloring a picture of the presentation? :-)

    Thanks for another recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look awesome! Also, I nominated you for a liebster award!
    http://tuesdayadventures.blogspot.se/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best thing about this recipe is that I actually have all of those ingredients in my pantry! Can't wait to try this! Did you come up with this recipe or find it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete