1) While our van was in the shop yesterday we had a junk loner to drive around in for the day which necessitated listening to the radio. So as to not inadvertently scandalize the offspring, I played the classical station for them and they loved it. As a result of the listening, The Moldau by Smetana has been stuck in my head, which makes me feel like I am living this clip from The Tree of Life:
2) Have you seen The Tree of Life? If you're in the market for a several hour long slide show with beautiful music and pictures that occasionally act, or you just need a good dose of Brad Pitt or Sean Penn, it's the "movie" for you. After I saw it I thought I hated it, mostly because of the way it toyed with my emotions, but since I've had the above symphony stuck in my head, I can't stop thinking about it and now I think that maybe I actually like it more than I thought I did. I guess I have to watch it again to know for sure. I know you're all really torn about this as well, so sorry to torture you.
3) In addition to the overly dramatic internal soundtrack I have going which has immersed me into a constant state of mental depth, Jenny went ahead and hit the proverbial nail on the head with this mother of a post and reminded me that I should probably stop being such a jerk and be a better mom.
4) Add to that the fact that Mike's grandmother is in town visiting us this weekend and you have a veritable cocktail of things to feel sentimental over.
|Great Grandma Lou with little great granddaughter Lu|
6) And God willing, before I know it I will be visiting Naomi's kids kids and reading them some Lowly Worm.
7) Time for some wine and Arrested Development to change up the mood.