Friday, April 19, 2013

7 "Deep" Takes

Joining Grace again in lieu of Jen (YAY for being home!!) late in the game (but high on the list, holla!!) for some deeper takes than usual, meaning we're moving from the baby pool to the 3 foot shallow end of the big pool.

1) While our van was in the shop yesterday we had a junk loner to drive around in for the day which necessitated listening to the radio. So as to not inadvertently scandalize the offspring, I played the classical station for them and they loved it. As a result of the listening, The Moldau by Smetana has been stuck in my head, which makes me feel like I am living this clip from The Tree of Life:

2) Have you seen The Tree of Life? If you're in the market for a several hour long slide show with beautiful music and pictures that occasionally act, or you just need a good dose of Brad Pitt or Sean Penn, it's the "movie" for you. After I saw it I thought I hated it, mostly because of the way it toyed with my emotions, but since I've had the above symphony stuck in my head, I can't stop thinking about it and now I think that maybe I actually like it more than I thought I did. I guess I have to watch it again to know for sure. I know you're all really torn about this as well, so sorry to torture you.

3) In addition to the overly dramatic internal soundtrack I have going which has immersed me into a constant state of mental depth, Jenny went ahead and hit the proverbial nail on the head with this mother of a post and reminded me that I should probably stop being such a jerk and be a better mom.

4) Add to that the fact that Mike's grandmother is in town visiting us this weekend and you have a veritable cocktail of things to feel sentimental over.
Great Grandma Lou with little great granddaughter Lu
5) There's nothing like seeing your girls have a tea party with their Great Grandmother to make you realize that this is going to fly by way too fast and there is nothing I can do to slow it down:


6) And God willing, before I know it I will be visiting Naomi's kids kids and reading them some Lowly Worm.

I hope and pray I can be such an awesome great grandma.

7) Time for some wine and Arrested Development to change up the mood.



3 comments :

  1. I love the pictures of the girls with their great grandma. You are so right about enjoying those moments. Why does time have to fly by? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that clip too! Thanks for sharing.

    Time does go by way tooo fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Tree of Life. I've seen it three or four times and it just gets better. Have you watched his new one, "To the Wonder" yet? It's not quite as gorgeous as Tree of Life, but it has some awesome perspectives on contraception and commitment, plus it make you want to move to Paris. And if you like Terrence Malick, this made me laugh: http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/terrence-malick-at-the-delicatessen

    ReplyDelete