Wednesday, April 10, 2013

the fives


-1-
Nap time

You see what is happening here? NO CHILDREN! NO POOP!!! IT'S QUIET!! "Wait, your 4-year-old still naps, Ana?" Not usually, but she better today since she had me up at the ripe hour of 4:30, followed by Lucy's 3rd meal of the night/morning. So, yes I should be laying down too, but that is a little bit hard when there are so many graham crackers to dip into milk and eat. Which brings me to my next one...

-2-
Graham Crackers and Milk
This was a favorite of mine as a kid, along with microwaved little debbie snacks and secretly making cookie dough and eating it in a corner. I was kind of a fat kid.
   But the best part about these is that there are NO calories! It says it right there on the box!
I cannot have much milk because of the wee one still being on the udders, but all I need is a smidgen to soak the crackers in and I am golden. And on a day like today, I really need it.

-3-
My Denim Shirt
Which I had intended to take a picture of myself in this morning, but then it got pooped on. And I am not talking the nice yellow, breast milk, infant poop. I am talking POOP as a result of poor Bernadette still fighting some horrid bug. Anyways, here's some lady...
source
wearing the one I was wearing. I will never be bold enough to do a denim on denim combo so I paired it with my black house pants earlier, it was stunning.
And speaking of denim...

-4-
Arrested Development is coming back!!!!!
head over for more hilarious posters
Please tell me you are all as excited about this as I am??? Please?!?! I can. not. wait.

-5-
This Jim Gaffigan camping video which my sis-in-law shared with me the other day.

This is precisely how I feel about the prospect of camping. I have never been and intend to keep it that way.

Head over to Hallie's for the absolute sweetest 5 things out there and lots of others on the linky list!

18 comments :

  1. how inappropriate is it to say "damn you, ana!!" because the kids are napping here and now I want some milk and grahams ........... now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love AD, and I too am super excited. I want to rewatch the old ones now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Jim Gaffigan! Hilarious! And I didn't know AD was coming back on???

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That video is too funny. I WANT to like camping but... instead I found a house with lots of windows looking out upon lots of trees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim Gaffigan is probably one of the funniest comedians ever! I love his bit about McDonalds =). I actually bumped into my Dad one day at a McDonalds without knowing he was there until I went in....and let's just say it was pretty funny, as my Dad was like "Oh...um..fancy meeting here!" lol...I could go on...good 'ole Gaffigan =).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, the never nudes. "There are dozens of us! Dozens!"

    I just bought that same shirt today. At least it wasn't white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I can't wait! I am so excited. I just blue myself.

    Also, I started following Jim Gaffigan on Insta. Best decision I've made in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, ma'am! I am as excited!!! Ha on the never-nude shorts! Going to check out the other posters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That video was hilarious!! We camp, but my best friend refuses! I sent her the video, because it's totally her! I love his bit about having kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kids are napping FOREVER. John Paul hasn't slept regularly during naptime for 1.5 years at least... But I stick him in the guest room with a stack of books and he's good until he needs to poop (thankfully not on me)! And Cecilia is down to sleeping only about 50% of the time, but she stays in her room and plays dress-up quietly. Whatever. Gives me time to eat cookies and milk (seriously, I do that during naptime, too! It's because I don't want to share...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All these are fantastic. By the way, will someone put, "Then it got pooped on" on a t-shirt? Because I'm pretty sure you could sell thousands to the mom-set. We could pair it with Khakis. It'll be our new uniform.

    Btw, I'm beyond excited about AD! You hear me? BEYOND!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! Graham Crackers! I usually buy a box for the kids and a box for me when they are on sale. . . And we must live at least in the same region because I buy Meijer ones, too. haha. But I love the regular full fat honey ones. I agree with my friend- the fat free tastes like cardboard.

    And I had to laugh because my husband came running in to the room telling me about AD last night. I have to admit I didn't like it at first but we were young, married, and broke and we only had a dvd box set of the first two seasons of The Office and Arrested Development to watch on the computer. No working TV. ;) I learned to like it.

    And I have to thank you for the Jim Gaffigan you posted last week. (Mr. Universe) DH and I had a super fun date night watching him later that night. The tidbit you posted got me through a super tough week of the 3 year old and his stomach bug. Talk about vomit and poop everywhere. :(
    Anyway, I saw another bit of an earlier schtick of his online and he was mocking the incarnation and mass. It was a little too much to hear and made me sad, not to mention bummed that I thought I had found a good comedian to watch. Do you happen to know if he's changed his mind around? He mention his wife was very catholic so maybe her prayers worked? His Mr. Universe seemed really PG but VERY funny and very pro-family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have heard that piece, I don't think it is funny at all, but I wasn't offended by it. I think I like everything else too much to care, and he's so much cleaner than soooo many other comedians that I figured I could deal with that bad joke.


      Delete
  13. I can't believe I'm admitting this, but since the girls don't take naps during the week, I usually make them stay in their rooms quietly for a 30 minutes while I pig out on all the treat I don't want to have to share with them...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jim Gaffigan is hilarious! I am starting to learn to like camping, but there's so much of what he says that's still so true.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went all good-wife and took my husband to see Jim Gaffigan live last weekend! It was awesome. I love that he has five kids!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read this post, and then quite literally got up from the table and ate an embarrassing amount of graham crackers and milk. For this I like you/hate you.

    ReplyDelete