A day that starts with me getting another person's feces on my hand before 8 a.m. calls for joining Jen for some early morning quick takes.
1) Mike and I are watching the Alien movies and I am loving them. I will just embrace it- embracing my nerdiness (ahem, Lauren). What's not to love? Outer space. In the 70s. All the "futuristic" stuff only looks forward about 10 years into the 1980s. Sigourney Weaver in a tight space outfit. Oh, you don't love that? Uh, me neither.
2) My parents are coming into town today, which has me all twitchy and excited and doing out of the ordinary things like cleaning and trying to get our house not looking like the aftermath of an apocalyptic event. Weird, I know. It wasn't until Bernadette crawled out from behind a chair last week with a 1/4 inch layer of dust and dried apple juice on her legs that I realized that I should probably do something about the situation. Then I got more coffee,checked my email, and forgot.
3) I love when my parents come because they do things like 1)take us shopping at Sams Club, 2) take the girls bike riding in the back of their bikes with this chariot thing
4) It is going to take all the effort that I can summon in my sugar
deprived body not to go nuts at the prospect of a delicious stack of
pancakes slathered with butter and coated with a cup of syrup and undo all my hard weight watchers work. This is really the only way to express how I feel about the thought of a delicious restaurant breakfast..
I'll probably end up getting grits.
5) My wonderful sister-in-law and her sweet little family are moving in a few short weeks alllll the way to Virginia and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a whole lot of sad about it.
6) Here's a video Mike showed me the other day that made me LOL.
7) On Monday I had a good friend over for a late afternoon play date, around the 4 o'clock hour, and decided to make us each a cocktail. The result? Best. Play date. Ever.I am pretty sure it should be come a weekly event, or at least monthly. Or daily, whatever. Here's how my friends feel about the idea:
Happy hour play date, anyone? Everyone.
I guess I should go face the reality of this day and stop hiding from the kids. Head over to Jen's for more!