So happy to be joining the ever awesome and sweet Hallie for some favorites this Wednesday, and off we go!
1) Some time ago, I decided to experiment with lower-calorie drinking and purchased a lite margarita mix- never ever again. I literally could not finish it, unheard for me. So when I was at the store buying tonic water for some G&Ts recently, I thought for sure that diet tonic water would be a horrible idea, but it was only 88 cents, so I thought I would fork out the change and try it. It turns out that diet tonic water is fabulous and I am now a little bit hooked to just drinking it plain with lime all the time. My new favorite summer beverage for sure.
2) I am not a big salad eater, but if you give me a bowl of spinach with this dressing/topping combo, I will go to town on it. I love Ken's lite poppy seed dressing and the Asian sesame topping with it is to die for. Try it, you will love it, or maybe you won't but I sure do.
3) New goodwill shoes. So not new at all, but new to me. I really like the peep toe deal and they are suuuper comfy and sorry if you are weirder out by people buying used shoes. It gets me all sorts of excited to find cute thrifted shoes because let's be honest, shoes are way too expensive.
4) Lucy in a bathing suit, in the water. While she loathes the process of squeezing her little sausage body into the suit, it is pretty much the cutest thing ever. And she really loves the water, which is great because we are coming up on a little beach trip with Mike's family and I was a leetle worried that she's be all ultra-clingy with me like one of her sisters was in the water (cough, cough Bernadette) but I think she will have a blast. I sometimes love the summer.
5) These Jag brand Bermuda non-maternity but no-button smooth waist shorts. I absolutely love any pants that are socially acceptable to wear around that do not include a button and zipper and it is a major bonus if they are NOT maternity since I am now 9 months postpartum and I would prefer to not glance in the direction of maternity stuff until it is actually needed. I found these at my favorite Ohio Valley store while we were back in Steubenville and while I had never heard of "Jag" brand before, upon doing a little research I found that these retail at around $50 and I know I did not pay more the $7 for mine. Shazam! They are so very comfortable and have softened me on Bermuda style shorts, because usually I steer clear of them.
Alright, I'm off to try my hand at some home made Reese's cup making, which incidentally is very likely to be showcased in next week's favorites- we'll see! Sit on the edge of your seats til then or go visit Hallie and the gang for more!