1) Sheena and her beautifully honest post. I've read a few blog posts about mom blogging in the past few days and I pretty much agree with all of them and have enjoyed reading all of them, but this one was especially great. I loved Sheena's perspective and I love how positive she is (a breath of fresh air for this chronic complainer). And even though I know I can't accomplish the wealth of awesome do-it-yourself things that she does on the daily, I love living vicariously through her and get so excited when she has a new post up.
2) Blog/real life friends. In other words, blog friends who I am also friends with in real life. Some of them I have met through blogging and some I knew or at least had met in college, but either way I really love when the worlds collide. Alexandra contacted me when she moved to South Bend last summer because she had read my blog, then she started her own fabulous blog, and now we live a few blocks from each other and I spent the morning sitting in her lovely back yard while our kids played. It was great. I knew Sheena in college, I loved meeting Dwija a few months ago and am getting excited to crash Grace's pad in a few weeks. It gives all this typing and posting and reading and commenting and responding to comments more depth and meaning, and I think that's a good thing.
3) Canned Tuna. Yes, you read that right, just plain canned tuna, straight out of the can. Kind of gross to some, kind of wonderful to me. And I just discovered (from looking on the nutrition label. I know, I'm a smartie) that one can has 20 grams of protein in it. 20 big ones, in one little can, not bad at all. And since I rarely eat enough protein ever, this was a very good discovery for me. You know how much I love to give a visual.
4) Color wonder markers. Please please please, if you are some Montessori expert who knows that these things are squelching my kids' creativity and ability to maintain their own messes or suppressing their need to have no boundaries and endless freedom, do not tell me. Unless you are just itching to ruin someone's day, then I guess you won't be stopped and it might as well be mine. These things are so awesome. Expensive but awesome. The color wonder makers only write on color wonder paper and it is arguably going to make us go broke at the rate we are using it, but it is all mess free. Mess-freekin-free and I will pay for it. Again if you have all sorts of bad stuff to say about it, just go say it to the mirror pretty please.
5) Beach week next week with Mike's family. We're actually staying in a house on Lake Michigan and while the weather is supposed to be substantially cooler than we thought, I don't care because it's the beach, in our back yard, and family all week around to help and play and talk to and leave the girls with and it will be wonderful.
Recycled from our Holland trip last June. Lake MI in all it's glory.