1) Praying praying praying for Anne and her sweet girls tonight and hoping you all will too!
2) If you were getting at some point and then stopped getting email subscriptions from Time Flies, feel free to try the little doohicky on the right side of the blog again and let me know if it fails you or don't. Lovely feedburner just got all crazy on me stopped working and I think it may be working again but there is just no way of knowing.
|^Totally unrelated, but still pretty great.|
3) I cleaned today.
Which may not seem ground breaking to you but for me it kind of was. For all you moms who have official "cleaning schedules" or who "do deep cleaning on a weekly basis" let me throw out a piece of wisdom I just gained today: you should stop!! Here's why:
- If you clean like crazy every week, your husband starts to get used to it. Mine, on the other hand, says things like "WOW! What are you doing? You're amazing! This looks so great!!!" For just doing a simple thing like cleaning the shower. You see what I'm saying? The less you do it, the more grateful he will be! I promise.
- Also, your children will be so much better behaved while you're cleaning simply out of shock over what is happening. Like today when Bernadette came out of her nap to see me mopping the kitchen floor and responded: "What... what is going on? Why are we moving everything?" And sat in a happy state of confusion for the remainder of the chore. The less you do it, the more confused they will be, and hopefully the more subdued.
6) Sometimes Lucy looks like a kid from the Newsies.
7) I was pleasantly surprised and excited about Mike's positive response to my possible attendance at Jen's Party of Awesomeness and I am hoping all the stars align and carry me to Austin in July because it would just be super fun. And I hope to see you there.
Have a splendid weekend and hit up Jen's for more!